A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Regretting A7 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow, some of you guys...

i drive an 87 4000S sedan. Its old, and its slow in comparison to these brilliant new cars. But every day, i always smile when i hear its 2.2 liter 5 cylinder note. I appreciate what i have and i never regret buying it.

Im not rich, i couldnt afford an A7 if i tried. But my point is, you bought this wonderfull marvel in technology and now you are complaining about it because you have to close the doors yourself! If you dont want your A7, go buy some silly status symbol merc and give me your A7. I would appreciate it for years. Take it easy and be greatfull that you even have the money to buy a car like this. Im buying an A7 as soon as my work in the oil business makes me enough cash.

to all of you who bought and appreciate your car, good on you!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your opinion is valued... But "Give me your A7"?! Don't hold your breath - I can afford this car at 34 because of the hard work/sacrifice I've put forth up to this point. I love the car (Which is why I purchased it), but I've had some headaches one wouldn't expect w/ the price tag; & I'm well within my rights to be upset when I find out a few features where withheld.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by audi-driver1126
Im not rich, i couldnt afford an A7 if i tried. But my point is, you bought this wonderfull marvel in technology and now you are complaining about it because you have to close the doors yourself! If you dont want your A7, go buy some silly status symbol merc and give me your A7. I would appreciate it for years. Take it easy and be greatfull that you even have the money to buy a car like this. Im buying an A7 as soon as my work in the oil business makes me enough cash.
"Take it easy?" C'mon are you trying to troll this forum?

Most of us who can afford this car are "make it happen" kind of people... Have worked hard and chosen to spend our hard earned dollars on a nice car.

Let us know how your clients in the oil business feel about "good enough" products or services. That's not the kind of business I'd expect to produce the revenues required to buy an A7.

If you strive for excellence, you typically expect it from others (including Audi)
Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clintb
"Take it easy?" C'mon are you trying to troll this forum?

Most of us who can afford this car are "make it happen" kind of people... Have worked hard and chosen to spend our hard earned dollars on a nice car.

Let us know how your clients in the oil business feel about "good enough" products or services. That's not the kind of business I'd expect to produce the revenues required to buy an A7.

If you strive for excellence, you typically expect it from others (including Audi)
+1
Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
Your opinion is valued... But "Give me your A7"?! Don't hold your breath - I can afford this car at 34 because of the hard work/sacrifice I've put forth up to this point. I love the car (Which is why I purchased it), but I've had some headaches one wouldn't expect w/ the price tag; & I'm well within my rights to be upset when I find out a few features where withheld.
+1
Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Car guy

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
+1
Some give to the church.
Others make surgery, make their chest or inseam bigger.
Some buy drugs.
Others drink a lot.
Some gamble.
Some eat a lot.
Then there's the vacation crowd.

Me? I buy cars.

I bought this car because...I don't go to church, surgery wouldn't help -- my wife loves me anyway, I got sober 5+ years ago, I quit gambling years ago, I eat organic food, and I live where others go to vacation.

Can I afford it? Bill Daniels said, "There are no luggage racks on the Hearse".
Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gangee
Some give to the church.
Others make surgery, make their chest or inseam bigger.
Some buy drugs.
Others drink a lot.
Some gamble.
Some eat a lot.
Then there's the vacation crowd.

Me? I buy cars.

I bought this car because...I don't go to church, surgery wouldn't help -- my wife loves me anyway, I got sober 5+ years ago, I quit gambling years ago, I eat organic food, and I live where others go to vacation.

Can I afford it? Bill Daniels said, "There are no luggage racks on the Hearse".
I forgot to mention. I love, this car.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gangee
I got sober 5+ years ago...
+1

I'm sober 7+ years and I too buy cars. Much cheaper than my former annual bar tabs!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I thought this thread was getting a bit "whiney" also; it seems to focus on people complaining about what options they wished they could have. IMO if you are complaining after buying the car then its your own fault for buying something that didn't meet your needs/desires.

Maybe the original post should have been titled "Regretting not thinking about what I was buying" or "I bought something nice, but now I want something nicer".

...or better yet, maybe a constructive post to provide feedback to AOA so they can meet or exceed their customer's needs.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by awryexperiment
I thought this thread was getting a bit "whiney" also; it seems to focus on people complaining about what options they wished they could have. IMO if you are complaining after buying the car then its your own fault for buying something that didn't meet your needs/desires.

Maybe the original post should have been titled "Regretting not thinking about what I was buying" or "I bought something nice, but now I want something nicer".

...or better yet, maybe a constructive post to provide feedback to AOA so they can meet or exceed their customer's needs.
Or maybe it should be titled, "Misery Loves Company"?

Quick Reply: Regretting A7 purchase?