A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Rust on brake caliper plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by feckman
I guess, but isn't that enabling the problem? Maybe I expect too much, but this seems like something that would happen on a Kia, not an Audi.
NFW are you expecting too much. How would you like to pay $110 K for the flagship A8L Fully loaded only to see it do the same thing? The car below is an executive car. Even though I am not an A7 or an A8 owner yet, I am an S4 owner and that bothers me that fellow AUDI Owners are treated like that. That pizzes me off. You would never see Lexus do that. If they dont fix that, I would be contacting the recent Lexus exec they hired for post sales issues and would also be on the horn with the better business bureau.

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 02-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this issue becomes more prevalent, Audi will do the right thing and send out a service bulletin to its dealers,a replacement part will be sent to them. They will take care of this issue when you take your car in for service. In 5 1/2 years I have had no issues with Audi or my dealer. They have always taken care of me and my 2007 A8 the way a luxury brand should, warranty or non warranty. That is why I ordered an A7.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckster
If this issue becomes more prevalent, Audi will do the right thing and send out a service bulletin to its dealers,a replacement part will be sent to them. They will take care of this issue when you take your car in for service. In 5 1/2 years I have had no issues with Audi or my dealer. They have always taken care of me and my 2007 A8 the way a luxury brand should, warranty or non warranty. That is why I ordered an A7.
well, this is actually the 3rd time I have heard about it since 3days ago when I first noticed it. Also, think about the possibility of you being the 1st customer it happens to. Would you want AUDI to fix it or would you accept AUDI replying with "We will have to wait and see if the problem is more prevalent and issue out a TSB if it is"
Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freckman's dealer dropped the ball, my dealer would have taken care of it and then notified Audi of the issue and shipped the defective part back. My A7 is still 30 plus days away.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
That ruins the car!

What do you mean? It's PATINA! People pay good money for those things.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xradman
What do you mean? It's PATINA! People pay good money for those things.
You sound like my dealer.

I haven't pressure-washed the wheels, but the line I'm getting now is that the tire cleaner they spray at automatic car washes can "cause the problem."

I'm sorry, but if tire cleaner can eat away whatever protective coating there is on those parts enough to make them rust like that, the issue is with the part, not the car wash...

I love the car, but their behavior really does leave a bad taste in my mouth...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
well, this is actually the 3rd time I have heard about it since 3days ago when I first noticed it. Also, think about the possibility of you being the 1st customer it happens to. Would you want AUDI to fix it or would you accept AUDI replying with "We will have to wait and see if the problem is more prevalent and issue out a TSB if it is"
Well I must say I have had an interesting experiance with audi lately, so wouldnt expect any less. My A6 C7 had a total electrical failure at 70mph causing the car to switch off and think it was parked. No steering or braking! The dealers response was, well its not happened to anyone else! So the car tried to kill me and my family, but how about we wait until someone dies until something is done.

After lots of complaining, and speaking to germany I am awaiting my replacement car! It really does not surprise me that they havent helped you.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chaff
Well I must say I have had an interesting experiance with audi lately, so wouldnt expect any less. My A6 C7 had a total electrical failure at 70mph causing the car to switch off and think it was parked. No steering or braking! The dealers response was, well its not happened to anyone else! So the car tried to kill me and my family, but how about we wait until someone dies until something is done.

After lots of complaining, and speaking to germany I am awaiting my replacement car! It really does not surprise me that they havent helped you.
Wow!!! I hope you guys were alright. Please tell us more of what happened. Were you able to restart the car?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chaff

While I haven't heard of that happening on an Audi, a similar thing happened to someone I know in a 600SL Benz. The issue was with the key and/or sensor--basically the car thought there wasn't a key present so shut down. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is Audi A6's controls all fly by wire? accelerator, brakes, hand brakes (all of them)? Did your car coast to a stop in neutral?

Quick Reply: Rust on brake caliper plate