A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

S7 Pre-Order Guides are at dealers as of yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 718 Likes on 507 Posts
Default S7 Pre-Order Guides are at dealers as of yesterday...

...no pricing released yet.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word if you can get a 3 person rear seat like you can in Europe?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luseeds
Any word if you can get a 3 person rear seat like you can in Europe?
Although the European version has a cushion instead of a junk box, I don't think it is a seat. There is no seat belt for the center.
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually here is the excerpt from the Audi A7 brochure for the UK--

Seats
Split-folding rear seat with 3 head restraints and 3 rear seat belts (available with only 2 head restraints and 2 rear seat belts at no extra cost)

It is so frustrating that they don't bring more options to the U.S.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is the first car that I have cared to look at closely enough to see how the A7 is equipped for sale in different countries. I am amazed at the variation. I don't see how Audi can manage the manufacture of so many variations by region in seating configurations, instrument configurations, engines, etc. I also wish I understood the need for so many variations by region. I expect that it deals with local tastes and regulation.

The frustrating thing is that some of the features available in other regions would appeal to the U.S. Why aren't Comfort seats an option for the U.S. Why don't we have headlight washers, Lane Assist, adjustable suspension, etc. All of these would sell in the U.S. market. Since I ordered my car and it is being manufactured in the same Neckarsulm Germany factory, why can't they add these options to my car. I don't get it.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
Although the European version has a cushion instead of a junk box, I don't think it is a seat. There is no seat belt for the center.
Here's a 3-seat rear A7. From the UK.
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the MSRP for US?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
What is the MSRP for US?
Got distracted looking at your A8... didn't even read your comment about MSRP lol
Old 03-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default MSRP

Looking at the S7 competitors the BMW 550xi GT and MB CLS550 4Matic. They both have about 400hp V8 with active suspensions and all wheel drive and base at $74,000 USD (BMW bases at 68k but need to add the active suspension/sport package to bump it up to 73k to match S7/MB specs). So Im thinking/hoping the S7 will base at around 74,000. Especially since the A7 pricing has practically identical pricing to the BMW 535xi GT. (Granted I think the BMW 5 GT is something only a mother could love!)

Some people are comparing the S7 to the CLS63 AMG, which I really don't think its a direct competitor. The MB AMG has a 518hp V8 with launch control! I think its more positioned to compete with a RS7.

So hopefully Audi is following my logic and prices the S7 to compete competitively with the rest of the market. Either way we'll probably find out in May.

Thats my opinion anyway, what do you guys think?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default What about the new 650?

Originally Posted by exprobratio
Looking at the S7 competitors the BMW 550xi GT and MB CLS550 4Matic. They both have about 400hp V8 with active suspensions and all wheel drive and base at $74,000 USD (BMW bases at 68k but need to add the active suspension/sport package to bump it up to 73k to match S7/MB specs). So Im thinking/hoping the S7 will base at around 74,000. Especially since the A7 pricing has practically identical pricing to the BMW 535xi GT. (Granted I think the BMW 5 GT is something only a mother could love!)

Some people are comparing the S7 to the CLS63 AMG, which I really don't think its a direct competitor. The MB AMG has a 518hp V8 with launch control! I think its more positioned to compete with a RS7.

So hopefully Audi is following my logic and prices the S7 to compete competitively with the rest of the market. Either way we'll probably find out in May.

Thats my opinion anyway, what do you guys think?
The new BMW 650 is due out in May/June, and is a 4-door "coupe" (I don't think it has a hatch, though?). Its base is supposed to be around $75k as well, although with AWD would probably be around $80.

When I was shopping I priced out a CLS550 with AWD etc similar to the A7 (but with V8, etc.) and it came in around $82k, so I'd guess that's where the S7 would be.

Quick Reply: S7 Pre-Order Guides are at dealers as of yesterday...