A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

speaker replacement sizes - bose?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker replacement sizes - bose?

figured I'd post here see if anyone knows what the replacement sizes--or what can fit in the doors/dash?

I'm looking at replacements for the front doors and dash tweeters and I can't find any reference to what sizes are already in there. I hate taking off door panels, so I'd prefer not to do that

Anyone replace theirs or have a shop do it yet?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
figured I'd post here see if anyone knows what the replacement sizes--or what can fit in the doors/dash?

I'm looking at replacements for the front doors and dash tweeters and I can't find any reference to what sizes are already in there. I hate taking off door panels, so I'd prefer not to do that

Anyone replace theirs or have a shop do it yet?
Why would you want to mess with a very nice set of speakers like the Bose I can see changing the sub but Bose speakers sound great.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

To each their own--but I would have preferred the lower sound option and just change it out. I've never cared for the sound bose produces, it always amazes me when people buy the bose home theater kits for thousands of dollars and think they sound amazing.

The car is ok--but it can be better. B&O would have been a better option but its not worth the price tag--you can do far better on your own spending thousands less to produce far better sound.

The plan is to add an audison bit one to sum the line out from the MMI, remove the bose amp, use an audison lrx5.1 for the front & rear sound stage as well as power the sub. I haven't decided on components but I'm debating the 3-way JL cx, rainbow, focal, morel.

Anyway--your reply would have been more helpful if it contained the information I was after rather than telling me how you thought bose sounded. I'll take the door panels off myself one of these days when I'm ready to do the switch.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jayhawk785,

I too am curious about the speaker sizes and types installed. I am also considering going the bit-1 route and am trying to figure out what I want to do and how much I want to spend.

All the components you list so far are of very good quality but high in cost. Have you settled on a budget yet?

I just did a custom sub enclosure with a JL amp and sub. Definitely much, much better than the factory sub but depending on how high end I go I may need to change out the sub and amp to something a bit higher in quality.

You and I are running along similar paths it would seem, I'll try and keep you in the loop on my next steps, please do the same! I'll be talking "big picture" with my installer on Wednesday.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't set a budget--but I have put together most of what I listed:

rainbow profi component set for the front (3-way - this may change if I do active in the front passive in the back) - Debating what to use for the back set --If i amp the mid-bass I'll probably get more out of it

Audison Lrx5.1 (I've already installed this)

Audison bitone (purchased waiting on delivery)

Determining what other 4ch amp to use in addition to the lrx5.1 if i go active...

here's what the speaker sizes are (appx) -figure you can probably fit a little bit larger in each area as needed.

> front doors: 4" midrange above top panel
> front doors: 4.5" high excursion woofers in lower panel (inside enclosure) thats large

> dash: 3/4" tweeters in corners
> dash: 4" midrange -center channel

> rear doors: 6.5" woofers in lower door
> rear doors: 3/4" tweeter in upper door

> c-pillar: 3.25" midranges
Old 05-20-2013, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I should add- that I emailed back and forth with the mobridge distribute in the US - and they looked into mobridge for the 4g MMI - and mobridge didnt even know there was one (austrailia?) - so we wont have the Digital out option from them.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be great if you could post pictures of the current speakers when you remove the panels.

here's what the speaker sizes are (appx) -figure you can probably fit a little bit larger in each area as needed.

> front doors: 4.5" high excursion woofers in lower panel (inside enclosure) thats large

Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

To each their own--but I would have preferred the lower sound option and just change it out. I've never cared for the sound bose produces, it always amazes me when people buy the bose home theater kits for thousands of dollars and think they sound amazing.

The car is ok--but it can be better. B&O would have been a better option but its not worth the price tag--you can do far better on your own spending thousands less to produce far better sound.

The plan is to add an audison bit one to sum the line out from the MMI, remove the bose amp, use an audison lrx5.1 for the front & rear sound stage as well as power the sub. I haven't decided on components but I'm debating the 3-way JL cx, rainbow, focal, morel.

Anyway--your reply would have been more helpful if it contained the information I was after rather than telling me how you thought bose sounded. I'll take the door panels off myself one of these days when I'm ready to do the switch.
If I had the info I would of posted it was just wondering what is it that you don't like about the Bose sound speakers and gave an opinion but like you said each its own let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I didn't set a budget--but I have put together most of what I listed:

rainbow profi component set for the front (3-way - this may change if I do active in the front passive in the back) - Debating what to use for the back set --If i amp the mid-bass I'll probably get more out of it

Audison Lrx5.1 (I've already installed this)

Audison bitone (purchased waiting on delivery)

Determining what other 4ch amp to use in addition to the lrx5.1 if i go active...

Is this accurate? Looking to replace all the speakers on my a7 with the boss system. Just making sure this is 100% accurate before I buy all the speakers.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Aaron150
Is this accurate? Looking to replace all the speakers on my a7 with the boss system. Just making sure this is 100% accurate before I buy all the speakers.
Did you figure out if these sizes are correct?