A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Splash Guard Solution For Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Splash Guard Solution For Prestige?

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone has found or figured out a suitable solution to the lack of splash guards for the Prestige model.

Apparently the OEM guards that Audi sells will only work on Premium and Premium Plus models...NOT...on the Prestige model.

I took my brand new A7 to my upstate NY house tonight and the dirt and grit from the one mile dirt and gravel road up to the house left an insane amount of grit, sand and grime all along the underside of both rear quarter panels and all over the rear bumper. At this rate I can't see my beautiful paint job lasting very long in this situation.

Has anyone figured out a work around on this yet? If so I'd be eager to hear specifics and/or solutions.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
I took my brand new A7 to my upstate NY house tonight and the dirt and grit from the one mile dirt and gravel road up to the house left an insane amount of grit, sand and grime all along the underside of both rear quarter panels and all over the rear bumper. At this rate I can't see my beautiful paint job lasting very long in this situation.
You can use some of the clear paint protection film behind the tires to save that paint. Splash guards are good but that gravel bounces everywhere.

You can try some universal splash guards and cut them to fit. eBay and the local auto parts stores have them.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
You can use some of the clear paint protection film behind the tires to save that paint. Splash guards are good but that gravel bounces everywhere.

You can try some universal splash guards and cut them to fit. eBay and the local auto parts stores have them.
Thanks for the input tenspeed, I'm thinking either of those options or both is the way I may need to go.

Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Thanks for the input tenspeed, I'm thinking either of those options or both is the way I may need to go.

Thanks again.
Its a little late, but congratulations, its good to see another New Yorker with a A7, i am starting to see them after 9 months of having mine.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stevial
Its a little late, but congratulations, its good to see another New Yorker with a A7, i am starting to see them after 9 months of having mine.
Thanks for the welcome Stevial. I'll be posting pics on a proper new member thread soon. Really happy to be here and even happier to be in an A7!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had same issue. I also note (my wife suggesting I go back to Dealer) passenger side windshield does not clear well with wipers. I tend to overuse spray to attempt to clear it for her but no success. Sorry I did not mean to change thread but weather/winds showing up either weaknesses or maybe a more agressive wiper/tension needed.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I did locate some molded mud flaps on ebay.de - they may not be for the Prestige body work.

Search using "Audi A6 C7" to filter out the ordinary stuff. They have floor and trunk mats but some vendors don't ship to North America and many other places. The C6 sunshades were interesting.

I use Rockmelt as a browser and I set the options to translate every page. Many things didn't get translated so be careful before ordering anything. I was just looking to see what stuff they had for the A6 C7.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I did locate some molded mud flaps on ebay.de - they may not be for the Prestige body work.

Search using "Audi A6 C7" to filter out the ordinary stuff. They have floor and trunk mats but some vendors don't ship to North America and many other places. The C6 sunshades were interesting.

I use Rockmelt as a browser and I set the options to translate every page. Many things didn't get translated so be careful before ordering anything. I was just looking to see what stuff they had for the A6 C7.
Thanks! Will give it a look.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

found a full sert of a7 splash guards on ebay for $99. Brand new in the box. Took them to the dealer for install. Actually wish I had them installed a week earlier as I got stuck behind a truck leaking that black crap they use to refinish parking lots.. Took forever to clean that up.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Thegrumpy
found a full sert of a7 splash guards on ebay for $99.
Brand new in the box. Took them
to the dealer for install. Actually wish I had them installed a week earlier as I got stuck behind a
truck leaking that black crap they
use to refinish parking lots..
Took forever to clean that up.
Did you install those on a Prestige model? If so, was any modification needed as the Guards for the Premium and Premium Plus won't work.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Splash Guard Solution For Prestige?