A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stasis exhaust is here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the Stasis person at Audi-Bedford in Cleveland. I spoke with Stasis on Friday, the chip upgrade is getting closer but may not be complete and ready until November. I thought it would be a modification of the S4 chip but I am told the ECU is completely different and more involved so it is taking longer.

I'll post here as soon as we have word that it is ready to go as I have 3 customers waiting for the A6/7 chip upgrade.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryS4
Sorry to read that the droaning is a problem. I went through a similar saga with the AWE exhaust on my A5 and resolved the issue in own way. You can read about it and I will likely do the same thing again on the A7 with a Stasis chip tune...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...oaning+exhaust

The Stasis exhaust system is from the downpipes to the tips..not sure if you can modify anything like you did with your previous A5....

Also on a side note, today my wife and I noticed a slight and quick metallic rattling sound when doing WOT from low speeds and eventually the sound went away and non-repeatable.

What could it have been?
Old 09-04-2011, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What I plan to do specifically is get the S7 valence when available and get that mounted on the rear of my A7 S-Line trim. Then I will have a metal shop weld on two more exhaust tips to the two nubs at the rear of the A7 mufflers. Take a look under there, they are there for the s7 tips! Should cost less than $500 in total and will get me quad, free flowing exhaust. Then on to the Stasis chip tune.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What I plan to do specifically is get the S7 valence when available and get that mounted on the rear of my A7 S-Line trim. Then I will have a metal shop weld on two more exhaust tips to the two nubs at the rear of the A7 mufflers. Take a look under there, they are there for the s7 tips! Should cost less than $500 in total and will get me quad, free flowing exhaust. Then on to the Stasis chip tune.

So you are saying the A7 and S7 share the same mufflers? Won't the S7 stock going to be significant louder than the A7's? Also, how are you achieving a more free flowing just by adding 2 more tips?
Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice man. Is it deeper sounding in person? It's difficult to tell through the video and YouTube has a tendency to drown out the deeper tones.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quattrings
Nice man. Is it deeper sounding in person? It's difficult to tell through the video and YouTube has a tendency to drown out the deeper tones.

Thanks. It certainly sounds deeper in person than on the video. I just had my wife drive around the neighborhood and it sounded really nice from a different perspective.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, just what I figured. The mid range must really open up with your setup. Have you thought of trying out any of the intakes that are made for the S4? I don't like the OEM intake tube/resonator on the 3.0T. I'm thinking going AWES B8 S4 route - would be nice to hear a slight supercharger whine under WOT. I dont see big differences in the engine bay between the other 3.0T models. It looks like it will work. Would probably work nicely with your exhaust setup.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aquarian
So you are saying the A7 and S7 share the same mufflers? Won't the S7 stock going to be significant louder than the A7's? Also, how are you achieving a more free flowing just by adding 2 more tips?
I am just going off how Audi seems to have done the old S6. The pipes seemed the same with just the extra muffler outlet to remove back pressure. I could be wrong but I think I may just be right. The old S6 was a little louder but nothing very loud.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quattrings
Nice, just what I figured. The mid range must really open up with your setup. Have you thought of trying out any of the intakes that are made for the S4? I don't like the OEM intake tube/resonator on the 3.0T. I'm thinking going AWES B8 S4 route - would be nice to hear a slight supercharger whine under WOT. I dont see big differences in the engine bay between the other 3.0T models. It looks like it will work. Would probably work nicely with your exhaust setup.

Let us know how it goes when you get the intake...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am just going off how Audi seems to have done the old S6. The pipes seemed the same with just the extra muffler outlet to remove back pressure. I could be wrong but I think I may just be right. The old S6 was a little louder but nothing very loud.

When are you planning on working on your exhaust?

Quick Reply: Stasis exhaust is here!