A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stasis exhaust is here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aquarian
When are you planning on working on your exhaust?
When I can order the S7 rear valence ...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

For those that have had a cat-back exhaust system installed on your previous cars, does it sound different when the engine is cold vs driving after 10 min? The Stasis exhaust I have has an initial quick rattling sound when the engine is cold and nearly warm when I go WOT. When the car has been driven for awhile the special sound goes away.

I assume it's part of the system.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

For those that have had a cat-back exhaust system installed on your previous cars, does it sound different when the engine is cold vs driving after 10 min? The Stasis exhaust I have has an initial quick rattling sound when the engine is cold and nearly warm when I go WOT. When the car has been driven for awhile the special sound goes away.

I assume it's part of the system.
Hmm...thanks for the post and initial impressions. My exhaust arrived this week and I am scheduled to get it installed probably Friday or Sat. I'll let you know what I see and encounter with my car! Hopefully its a working out/burning in thing that goes away as nothing should take away from these beautiful cars!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hmm...thanks for the post and initial impressions. My exhaust arrived this week and I am scheduled to get it installed probably Friday or Sat. I'll let you know what I see and encounter with my car! Hopefully its a working out/burning in thing that goes away as nothing should take away from these beautiful cars!
You will love yours, no doubt. I just can't enough of the sound from my exhaust. It's definitely addictive.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

You will love yours, no doubt. I just can't enough of the sound from my exhaust. It's definitely addictive.
Exhaust is installed. Initial impressions posted. Love it! Now drive the car with my sunroof open and the a/c off much more and its still over 95 degrees most days down here in Tx! LOL Definatey great mod/add on. Now the ECU and we'll be in mini-S7 territory for less $$!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Exhaust is installed. Initial impressions posted. Love it! Now drive the car with my sunroof open and the a/c off much more and its still over 95 degrees most days down here in Tx! LOL Definatey great mod/add on. Now the ECU and we'll be in mini-S7 territory for less $$!

Are you also getting the raspy/rattling sound when you go WOT?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are you getting any droaning like Aquarian posted?
"It sounds great and aggressive, but the droning sound while cruising at low speeds like 25-45 mph is rather excessive."
Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are you also getting the raspy/rattling sound when you go WOT?
Yes I get a more aggressive note when under acceleration especially hard acceleration. Sounds sweet!
Originally Posted by JerryS4
Are you getting any droaning like Aquarian posted?
"It sounds great and aggressive, but the droning sound while cruising at low speeds like 25-45 mph is rather excessive."
No drone at cruise speed. Only thing I've noticed is the exhaust note sounds better when the car is in sport vs normal mode. In normal mode the aggressiveness is down some a bit but it pics up definately when in sport mode and accleration too.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

newest video on my STaSIS exhaust run - shot by my iphone4. Turn up the speaker for a better hearing experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnZxkbB9mnY
Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JerryS4
What I plan to do specifically is get the S7 valence when available and get that mounted on the rear of my A7 S-Line trim. Then I will have a metal shop weld on two more exhaust tips to the two nubs at the rear of the A7 mufflers. Take a look under there, they are there for the S7 tips! Should cost less than $500 in total and will get me quad, free flowing exhaust. Then on to the Stasis chip tune.
Well I got the quad exhaust done today using the cheap welded on option like I said I would. No S7 valence yet so the two new outputs are hidden underneath. They work great and the exhaust sounds much better. More rumbling and definitely louder and likely a few more HPs with just a slight droan near 2500 RPM. Apparently the new pipe shunts the output after the first baffle while the rest of the gas goes past two more chambers to complete the original stock flow. I imagine this is how the S7 will be done??? Next... bring on the Stasis chip!

Last edited by JerryS4; 11-22-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Stasis exhaust is here!