A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stasis Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis Upgrade

I see on the Stasis web site that the exhaust upgrade is available but not the software. I sent them a request for an approximate rlease date but have not heard back. Does anyone know anything?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess Stasis will not get a tune for the A7 the Simos ECU really hard to crack and the demand for A7 tunes vs other models does not justify their time, GIAC tuned mine and I got 70hp+ at 91 octane. 349hp at the wheels,how much is that at the crank I really dont know, my guess is at least 349/0.90=388, but I really think is more like 349/0.80=436 or 349/0.75=465.
The drivetrain loss in an all wheel drive automatic is considerable high.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
I guess Stasis will not get a tune for the A7 the Simos ECU really hard to crack and the demand for A7 tunes vs other models does not justify their time, GIAC tuned mine and I got 70hp+ at 91 octane. 349hp at the wheels,how much is that at the crank I really dont know, my guess is at least 349/0.90=388, but I really think is more like 349/0.80=436 or 349/0.75=465.
The drivetrain loss in an all wheel drive automatic is considerable high.
I saw your earlier posts. I looked around Dallas for someone who can tune the car but I did not find anyone I was comfortable with. There is an Audi dealer here who is an authorized Stasis dealer but no chip/software avaialble.

I see from your profile that you can open/close your windows from the key. How did you do that?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjA7
I saw your earlier posts. I looked around Dallas for someone who can tune the car but I did not find anyone I was comfortable with. There is an Audi dealer here who is an authorized Stasis dealer but no chip/software avaialble.

I see from your profile that you can open/close your windows from the key. How did you do that?
It is vag-com mod that allows you to do that, some shop did it for me, why dont you send the ecu to GIAC for the tuning??
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is vag-com mod that allows you to do that, some shop did it for me, why dont you send the ecu to GIAC for the tuning??
I didn't know I could. How did you do it? Did you take it out yourself, send it off, and wait for them to flash it and send it back?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Banned

I didn't know I could. How did you do it? Did you take it out yourself, send it off, and wait for them to flash it and send it back?
Actually it is the only way to do it, even if you take it to a GIAC authorized dealer they will remove it and send it to GIAC and your car will be sitting there for some days, I did not remove my ECU because GIAC used my car to develop the software so they did everything, the other day I went to get the 100 octane mode installed and they removed it pretty easily, a couple of plastic panels and it is next to driver's side near the windshield, I am sure GIAC will release some detailed instructions, I did removed my ECU in my former SL55 when I sent it for tuning and it was pretty easy, the tuner sent it back and I put it back in 5 mins, I am sure you could so something like that. Ask them, by the way I just posted the 100 octane run in the other thread, the car is really really fast, and you get rid of that stupid 130mph speed limiter.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you notice any change in your fuel consumption?
Old 10-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by illus83
Did you notice any change in your fuel consumption?
Honestly I do not know, fuel consumption is the least of my concerns, my guess it is about the same.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Honestly I do not know, fuel consumption is the least of my concerns, my guess it is about the same.
Thanks for the info. I am concerned about the warranty. I've read up on some of the other tuning shops and what they offer. Seems the GIAC has the fastest times. I watched your video....sweet! BHP claims a stealth install, though. Thats pretty attractive. I didn't see anything like that on GIAC. Do you know if the dealer can tell?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info. I am concerned about the warranty. I've read up on some of the other tuning shops and what they offer. Seems the GIAC has the fastest times. I watched your video....sweet! BHP claims a stealth install, though. Thats pretty attractive. I didn't see anything like that on GIAC. Do you know if the dealer can tell?
Dealers can tell all now

lots of threads on this topic in the S4 forum

Dealers forced by Audi to deny powertrain warranty claims on tuned cars

Also threads about the misinformation about the Stasis warranty... read those too

Quick Reply: Stasis Upgrade