A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stasis Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Honestly I do not know, fuel consumption is the least of my concerns, my guess it is about the same.
I hope it's not the same

Increasing Boost = More Air = Potential for More Fuel = Bigger Explosion = Horsepower

You should be burning more fuel if you are acttally using the increased HP

But like you said, who cares! It's the price we pay
Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All aftermarket warranties have different levels with powertrain being the cheapest, why? Because the odds of a transmission or an engine to go bad is very little, these cars are build very strong, the 8 speed transmission is the strongest (more than the 7 speed stronic) the diesel engines actually use the 8 speed, I read somewhere that the S7 was detuned exactly because of that, because the engine is capable of way more, look at the S8 numbers WITH 8speed tranny.
Now regarding if the dealer knows or not, they might, supposedly the dealers computer runs a background program that generates a TD1 code that is sent directly to Audi, why? Because they wanted to know if the tune caused any kind of malfunction so Stasis had to pay for it, now the dealers put the TD1 code automatically when they tune the car so if you have a Stasis tune you will be flagged for sure,and then if something happens say "it is Stasis fault, now what happens if dealers flagged manually cars, they will lose customers for sure because you will not perform warranty work there, so do you really think dealers want to flag every car they know it is tuned IF the "background software" wasn't run automatically? I do not think so. This is what is called pay to play. Think about Stasis warranty ( because it is Stasis who pays not Audi) if they really think a 2,000 dlls tune could cause 10,000 in transmission or engine damages do you think they will cover it?
At the end everything about warranty work falls in your relationship with your dealer, if you want to keep you happy and keep buying cars and servicing there they will be behind your back, but if you are a trouble client what better way of getting rid of you than telling you you are flagged and you have to pay for everything, my humble opinion.

@clintb you are right more boost =more air =more fuel, but that will be the case if you are driving the car like you stole it and trying to drag race every single car at redlights, and I really do not think A7/S7 owners fall into that category, otherwise we could get way faster cars with less money, I think we like to cruise but we like to know there is power when we need it, at highway speeds my car is still at 1,500 rpms and consuming very little fuel, if I floor the pedal that is another story, but as I said that is the least of my concerns, if there was a W12 option with 600hp I will be happier.