A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Store voiemail #

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Store voiemail #

Howdy,

I can't figure out how to save my voicemail number in the MMI. Is it supposed to save the number, or do you have to enter it each time?

Thanks,
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gangee
Howdy,

I can't figure out how to save my voicemail number in the MMI. Is it supposed to save the number, or do you have to enter it each time?

Thanks,
Same issue here. I would love an answer to this too.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can't access your voicemail by dialing your #? I have an Epic 4G Touch - That's my solution.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default MMI

Yes, of course I can.

But what I'm trying to do, is use the MMI to connect to my voicemail. But each time I do, I have to put in my phone number and pw. It's much easier to pick up my iPhone and tap the "Voicemail" icon.

Originally Posted by raslam77
You can't access your voicemail by dialing your #? I have an Epic 4G Touch - That's my solution.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have entered the AT&T voicemail number into the MMI.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gangee
Yes, of course I can.

But what I'm trying to do, is use the MMI to connect to my voicemail. But each time I do, I have to put in my phone number and pw. It's much easier to pick up my iPhone and tap the "Voicemail" icon.
Actually MMI isn't doing this, it is your phone that has to be programmed. I have an entry in the phone called "Voicemail" that dials the phone company voicemail number (WWW-XXX-YYYY), waits 2 seconds, enters # because I want to listen to my messages, waits again and enters my password (ABCDEF) followed by #. The dial string in my phone directory looks like WWWXXXYYYYp#pABCDEF#.

So I just say "Call Voicemail" and in a few seconds it starts playing my first message.

"p" is representing a pause and different phones have a different way to enter it. Some use ",", some *, some # or another key combo, it will be listed in your phone's manual.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Actually MMI isn't doing this, it is your phone that has to be programmed. I have an entry in the phone called "Voicemail" that dials the phone company voicemail number (WWW-XXX-YYYY), waits 2 seconds, enters # because I want to listen to my messages, waits again and enters my password (ABCDEF) followed by #. The dial string in my phone directory looks like WWWXXXYYYYp#pABCDEF#.

So I just say "Call Voicemail" and in a few seconds it starts playing my first message.

"p" is representing a pause and different phones have a different way to enter it. Some use ",", some *, some # or another key combo, it will be listed in your phone's manual.
Then, I'm missing the point of having "voicemail" as an option under the phone menu in MMI. Every time I click on it, it prompts me to enter the voicemail number. I have entered it a number of times but I can't seem to get the system to take it. That's what I was looking to solve. I would like it to save the number permanently.

Its mild annoyance and I can use any of the workarounds described here but would love to know why the number cannot to be stored/saved.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Not getting it

Originally Posted by trieste
Then, I'm missing the point of having "voicemail" as an option under the phone menu in MMI. Every time I click on it, it prompts me to enter the voicemail number. I have entered it a number of times but I can't seem to get the system to take it. That's what I was looking to solve. I would like it to save the number permanently.

Its mild annoyance and I can use any of the workarounds described here but would love to know why the number cannot to be stored/saved.
They're missing it. This has nothing to do with whether or not I have my phone programmed to call my voicemail. Ya know, on the iPhone there's an icon to check voicemail.

I called tech support. They're really nice but not much help. I entered my cell phone number + my pw in the dial string field. After dining around, disconnecting and connecting to bluetooth, it seems to have been saved. But I won't know for sure for a day or two.

My guess is that the MMI is buggy.

On a totally separate topic, they really missed some key features that are necessary like searching for an Artist or Album title.

I'll report back if it saved or not.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I simply entered the number as a "Contact", thus it shows up as such - Allowing me to dial it hands-free from the steering wheel.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
I simply entered the number as a "Contact", thus it shows up as such - Allowing me to dial it hands-free from the steering wheel.
Thats what FKaufman did as well. I get that solution and it is what I do today

My issue is trying to get the car to store the voicemail number. That is what Gangee is also describing just below.

Quick Reply: Store voiemail #