A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Store voiemail #

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trieste
Thats what FKaufman did as well. I get that solution and it is what I do today

My issue is trying to get the car to store the voicemail number. That is what Gangee is also describing just below.
I mean what FKaufman did with the actual phone. I did what you did Raslam77
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trieste
Thats what FKaufman did as well. I get that solution and it is what I do today

My issue is trying to get the car to store the voicemail number. That is what Gangee is also describing just below.
I tried today, it doesn't save the number. This is definitely a bug. And calling the MMI tech support is just about a waste of time. I hope people from Audi read this, because this really needs to be fixed.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gangee
I tried today, it doesn't save the number. This is definitely a bug. And calling the MMI tech support is just about a waste of time. I hope people from Audi read this, because this really needs to be fixed.
I did a bit of experimentation today. I had no problem entering a phone number into the MMI Voicemail number and it did save it. I entered it this morning, parked the car at 11am and when I restarted it at 7pm it was still there working.

It allows to enter the digits 0-9, #, + and * into the field but has no facility for either a "p" (pause) or a "w" (wait). That means that you have to manually enter your password etc. after the voicemail system answers.

If you store the number in the phone, it allows the whole string, so once you dial it, it enters the password and all other codes to start playinmg the actual messages.

One more interesting observation. I had my voicemail number with the whole string in the phone under the name "Voicemail". I entered into the MMI a different number under the Voicemail entry. Using voice activation, if I said "Voicemail" it dialed the number from the MMI entry. If I said "Call Voicemail" it dialed the number from the phone voicemail entry.

But to answer your main question, Gangee - I have no problem storing, retrieveing or editing the number in the MMI.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I did a bit of experimentation today. I had no problem entering a phone number into the MMI Voicemail number and it did save it. I entered it this morning, parked the car at 11am and when I restarted it at 7pm it was still there working.

It allows to enter the digits 0-9, #, + and * into the field but has no facility for either a "p" (pause) or a "w" (wait). That means that you have to manually enter your password etc. after the voicemail system answers.

If you store the number in the phone, it allows the whole string, so once you dial it, it enters the password and all other codes to start playinmg the actual messages.

One more interesting observation. I had my voicemail number with the whole string in the phone under the name "Voicemail". I entered into the MMI a different number under the Voicemail entry. Using voice activation, if I said "Voicemail" it dialed the number from the MMI entry. If I said "Call Voicemail" it dialed the number from the phone voicemail entry.

But to answer your main question, Gangee - I have no problem storing, retrieveing or editing the number in the MMI.
Weird. I cannot do this! It simply doesn't save.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Gangee were you able to make this work?