A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Sweaty Seats A7?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweaty Seats A7?

I've test driven the A7 three times and swear I'm not imaging that my back is sweating quite a bit against the seats. This doesn't happen with the leather seats in my Infiniti or my wife's Genesis.

I've mostly driven the Prestige and have noticed this with the seat ventilation both on at different levels, and off.

Is it possible the Premium Plus seats actually are less sweaty despite the fact that on paper the Prestige should offer an advantage with the ventilation?

Granted it's been hot here in Florida but I've noticed this with gray, brown and black interiors.

Any advice is welcome.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onthebeam
I've test driven the A7 three times and swear I'm not imaging that my back is sweating quite a bit against the seats. This doesn't happen with the leather seats in my Infiniti or my wife's Genesis.

I've mostly driven the Prestige and have noticed this with the seat ventilation both on at different levels, and off.

Is it possible the Premium Plus seats actually are less sweaty despite the fact that on paper the Prestige should offer an advantage with the ventilation?

Granted it's been hot here in Florida but I've noticed this with gray, brown and black interiors.

Any advice is welcome.
I live in Delray Beach Fl. The average daytime temperature in summer is around 90, with humidity. At night it drops 10 or 12. While I do have ceramic tint, I've not found the need to even use the ventilation system (ok, I used it twice but noticed no appreciable difference and it was noisy).

Maybe you're sweating over the excitement of being in a terrific car! Seriously, it's counterintuitive to think a car without perforated seats is cooler than one with, no?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any advice is welcome.
I just got back to hallandalel last week. Though I sweat easily, there have been no problems with my 2014 prestige at all regardless of ventilation is on roof. Also hear no noise with cooling set to 3. Also, I'm totally floored with the difference in interior temps with my 60% ceramic tinted 7 (very cool) with covercraft sun shield versus my 35% metal tinted fusion hybrid that my fiancé is buying from me with also the covercraft window shield in place. Interior on the fusion is easily 15-20 degrees hotter.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any advice is welcome.
I have the premium plus package on my 2013, and live in Naples, FL (which is equivalent to the surface of the sun). No sweaty back syndrome here.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No sweaty back here, but yes on the seat ventilation fan noise.. I thought something was wrong when I first drove the car home... now used to it!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chenthu
No sweaty back here, but yes on the seat ventilation fan noise.. I thought something was wrong when I first drove the car home... now used to it!
orlando, ventilated seats --(albeit no appreciable difference with it on or off) - and no back sweat here... All my windows are tinted, including the windshield.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gee, I guesss I've now sealed my newbie A7 reputation as the sweaty back guy

Hadn't seriously considered tinting before this but it sounds like I should.

What's the minimum tint I should go for that's not too dark that will still result in some cooling effect? When looking out of the car I don't want anything looking darkened as my eyes are not as excellent as they used to be.

I'm going to order the Nougat Brown seats.

You've all mentioned some pretty sweltering Florida locals yet I have to say that in the summer everywhere else in Florida seems cool compared to windless Gainesville. Sarasota is our "cooldown" getaway spot.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gee, I guesss I've now sealed my newbie A7 reputation as the sweaty back guy.
Ewwwww.. Just kidding!

Very centralized Windermere, FL. here. No tint.. no sweaty back.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

From Gainesville, I love to get off at Ococee and drive through Windermere on our way to a fave restaurant, Seasons 52. Some great roads around your neck of the woods to test the corner hugging ability of the A7.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

. . . Just don't let Tiger drive into your tree.

Quick Reply: Sweaty Seats A7?