A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

t-boned in a roundabout

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-boned in a roundabout

How to ruin your week in one easy step. Get taken out by a Chevy in a roundabout. Considering the speed was only around 15 mph, it surely looks dramatic. Now my baby needs cosmetic surgery... : /
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ouch...that sucks!!!

Hope you're back in business soon!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by darreln
...Considering the speed was only around 15 mph, it surely looks dramatic... : /
Remember, the more damage to the car, the less to the occupant!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

very true. I truly did not feel a thing..it was amazing!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dang I hate those roundabouts. Putting a bunch in here in Minnesota and not sure it is money well spent. At least it is mostly cosmetic so you should be almost good as new.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Dang I hate those roundabouts. Putting a bunch in here in Minnesota and not sure it is money well spent. At least it is mostly cosmetic so you should be almost good as new.
Roundabouts are actually a very efficient way to move a medium volume of traffic through an intersection. They promote safety too, since impacts are almost always glancing blows (as with the OP) and not life-threatening T-bone collisions.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Roundabouts are actually a very efficient way to move a medium volume of traffic through an intersection. They promote safety too, since impacts are almost always glancing blows (as with the OP) and not life-threatening T-bone collisions.
Perhaps, but not when they are new to an area and folks are extremely clueless on how to merge. Every time I approach one I cringe...but I digress.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Roundabouts are a way of life in Massachusetts. While they move traffic more efficiently than traffic lights, it can be a demolition derby-avoidance exercise as people come flying around the circle and jockey for position at too high a speed. Not the most fun of my driving experience.

BTW, looking at your damage on the driver door (I see you're in the U.S. so driving on the right), it appears like you entered into the circle when you got hit, correct? If so, I'm guessing, since those in a traffic circle have the right of way, were you at fault on this one? Or were you already in the circle when some bozo moved into your lane without paying attention causing the accident?

Good that you're ok. The car can be fixed.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to school in Boston, summers on the Cape, and learned to drive in NYC, where driving is a blood sport. Married a girl from a Boston suburb, so back there often.

The only thing worse than a Jersey driver, is a Mass driver entering a rotary. It's a crapshoot. Only the strong survive!

Actually, the SoFlo drivers think turn signals are unnecessary - replaced by my mind reading skills. Then again, a lot of them are MA/NJ/NY drivers, so I came down here well prepared for mayhem.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Boston drivers are crazy - even worse than Chicago drivers. Boston drivers will pass in both break down lanes.

Quick Reply: t-boned in a roundabout