A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

t-boned in a roundabout

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Boston drivers are crazy - even worse than Chicago drivers. Boston drivers will pass in both break down lanes.
Lane rules for MA interstates:

Left lane - slow travel
Middle lane - driver's choice
Right lane - passing
Breakdown lane - suicide

Notes:
- If there's a 4th or 5th lane, consult the MA Driver Handbook for location specific rules).
- If driver is from Rhode Island, ignore all of the above and do whatever feels right.
- If driving in an HOV lane you must drive slower than the traffic flow in the non-HOV lanes

Last edited by snagitseven; 02-02-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New York City drivers take the trophy for aggressive driving. Totally inconsiderate but does not bother me at all as I can roll with the best of them.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The worst traffic circle in the world is in Paris around the Arc de Triomphe. Plainly insane.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
The worst traffic circle in the world is in Paris around the Arc de Triomphe. Plainly insane.
Thanks for the memories!!!!!

While vacationing in Paris 2 years ago, I noticed a flashy yellow Lamborghini (not sure about the model) parked along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, with a young kid in the driver's seat.

When we reached the top of the Arc de Triomphe staring out to the streets as far as the eye can see as well as the Eiffel Tower in the distant, I looked down as saw that same Lambo circling around the roundabout at least 10 times. I told my family that young kid was probably showing off his ride by going round and round.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Totally agree.

Boston rotaries are child's play compared to the frenzy of the Arc. Last time I was there I asked the cab driver his secret for safely negotiating traffic - and he said the main thing is to avoid eye contact with any other drivers - you don't want to show any weakness.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Roundabouts are a way of life in Massachusetts. While they move traffic more efficiently than traffic lights, it can be a demolition derby-avoidance exercise as people come flying around the circle and jockey for position at too high a speed. Not the most fun of my driving experience.

BTW, looking at your damage on the driver door (I see you're in the U.S. so driving on the right), it appears like you entered into the circle when you got hit, correct? If so, I'm guessing, since those in a traffic circle have the right of way, were you at fault on this one? Or were you already in the circle when some bozo moved into your lane without paying attention causing the accident?

Good that you're ok. The car can be fixed.
The latter. This roundabout allows two car, two lanes to enter at the same time. There's a lane demarcation throughout the circle, she was on the inside trying to get off the circle (through me). It was her fault.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by darreln
The latter. This roundabout allows two car, two lanes to enter at the same time. There's a lane demarcation throughout the circle, she was on the inside trying to get off the circle (through me). It was her fault.
Bummer. That's why traffic circles can be so dangerous - too many cars trying to move through traffic to enter left and exit right at the same time, especially with multi-lane, high traffic roads coming together. You have to be on your toes and try your best to avoid a demolition derby. Good luck in the repairs.