A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Titanium Gray Interior/Moonlight Blue Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titanium Gray Interior/Moonlight Blue Exterior

Hey everyone, I've been on the forums for a few weeks and with your help, have essentially decided on ordering an A7 in the next couple weeks, Prestige w/Innovation. I'm not sure if I want Moonlight Blue, Havana/Phantom Black, or (less likely) Garnet Red. I'm starting to like the Nougat Brown less from when I first saw it, and I think the Velvet Beige will look dirty in my hands too easily. How does the Titanium Gray look? I can't seem to find any pictures of it, and I haven't seen any A7's with the color. Does anyone have pictures of theirs? Perhaps pics of the Moonlight Blue exterior? What is the opinion on Havana Black or Phantom black? I'd greatly appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Havana black is a black with brown metallic flakes in it. When the sun shines on it, the car looks brown.

Here is a pic of the titanium interior. It's on an A6 so it's not exactly the same but for the most part it is. The A6 doors and trim above the glovebox is slightly different. Also, this one has the sport package (3 spoke steering wheel instead of 4 spoke). It also has the natural brown Ash trim.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

BTW...

Here's some Havana Black shots...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2804294

More Havana (on A7) click here...

Phantom Black click here...

Last edited by CharlieSlasher; 07-10-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by samsoccer7
I'm not sure if I want Moonlight Blue, Havana/Phantom Black, or (less likely) Garnet Red.
1. Moonlight Blue - Full disclosure: I ordered a 2012 A4 sedan in this color three weeks ago. I think it's a sophisticated and stunning color. There are are a number of pictures of it online (do a search on this forum and Google it); here is a link to some good ones:

http://www.audiforum.ca/western-cana...ight-blue.html

I ordered my car with black leather, but if the "Velvet" beige offered on the A7 were an option on the A4, I would have been very tempted. Tough to get much classier than dark blue on beige, but I agree that concerns about keeping a beige interior "new" looking would weigh heavily on my mind. I don't love Nougat (though I want to) or Titanium (though I am told gray is the most popular pairing with dark blue), so for me it would be beige or black on the A7.

2. Havana Black - I have only seen this color in pictures, but brown is not my favorite color and wouldn't be my first choice.

3. Phantom Black - I will never own another black car. The best line I have heard about buying a black car is that it's like taking on a part-time job (caring for it). There is nothing better than a clean black car, but they look dirty 99% of the time. If I had to choose between Phantom and Brilliant, I would go with Phantom as I imagine it would hide swirls a bit better.

4. Garnet Red - I have only seen this in pictures, but they don't do it for me. I imagine Garnet owners will be 90% female (not that this would stop me from ordering it, I just don't care for the color).

Deciding on the exterior/interior color combination the toughest part for me in ordering my car. I would go Moonlight (and did), but you really can't go wrong with any of the colors you listed. The A7 is stunning. Good luck with your decision!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have Moonlight Blue Exterior but black interior A7 arriving end August. (ordered early May) Too many videos of beige have high reflection of trunk - deck back onto rear view mirror. Interior I think must be Grey or Black with open ash wood although you have to adapt to a darker interior.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good
4. Garnet Red - I have only seen this in pictures, but they don't do it for me. I imagine Garnet owners will be 90% female (not that this would stop me from ordering it, I just don't care for the color).
I had originally had ordered Moonlight Blue but switched to Garnet Red... But why do you say 90% female?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by basf_audio
I had originally had ordered Moonlight Blue but switched to Garnet Red... But why do you say 90% female?
I don't know...I feel like every time I see a car that shade of red (more maroon than Audi's "Brilliant" red) it belongs to a woman driver. No offense intended. I do like it, as I like pretty much all Audi colors, it's just not my favorite.

What color interior did you order with it?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by basf_audio
Ummm...I may have to upgrade my assessment of Garnet Red after seeing this:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ight=moonlight

Looks pretty damn good.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good
I don't know...I feel like every time I see a car that shade of red (more maroon than Audi's "Brilliant" red) it belongs to a woman driver. No offense intended. I do like it, as I like pretty much all Audi colors, it's just not my favorite.

What color interior did you order with it?
I ordered it with the velvet beige interior along with the dark brown walnut wood inlays. I didn't care for the alumninum trim or wood with the gray/black interior and I've always like the wood/beige interior combination. I keep pressing my dealer for the beaufort oakwood inlay option but it may never be an option on US spec cars.

Honestly, no offense taken. As I mentioned earlier, I vacillated between moonlight blue and garnet red pearl. My wife thought the moonlight blue really has a deep elegance to it - that the red cheapened it up a little. But that was based on the photos that Audi released early in the promotion cycle. It was a custom color for the model line debut and was actually a brilliant red rather than the darker, richer maroon-tinged red. I think I have about 100 pictures of garnet red from the Web and they all look different. Good - but yet different. Cameras have a really hard time with red push and saturation. And with some models having garnet red metallic and others with pearl, you get different shots with the sun and light source.

Either one, you can't go wrong. However, it's going to be a little unique - the dealers really only order black, gray, white and black - as they say, colors that sell to anybody. Maybe a blue - but they don't seem to order red. And Audi only seems to keep red around on these models for a year - then take it off the order list.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This thread has been very helpful. The only other thing I guess I would like to see is if anyone has pictures of the Titanium Gray interior that AREN'T stock photos. I'd love to see the Gray b/c it seems like it could be nice but could end up looking very cheap. I checked out a bunch of new A6's in Blue, Havana, Phantom, and Garnet red and the red is truly stunning, but I dislike the velvet beige, and a black (or gray) interior with that car probably doesn't look right. The Blue also looked very smooth under the sun, but I still don't know if gray is right interior for it. I'm getting closer everyone, thanks!

Quick Reply: Titanium Gray Interior/Moonlight Blue Exterior