A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

VAG - Wink Disable Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAG - Wink Disable Question

So, I would really like to disable the wink on my A7 when the turn signal is on. If I get the VAG cable and software, is this possible with the LED light package? Or will this only work with the Xenon's? I have the LED and would like to know if anyone has been successful disabling the wink.

Also, anyone in the Chicago area with a cable??

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the LED package, there is no wink. LED changes color to amber for the turn signal. Wink is only on the Xenon light package where the DRL LED is turned off on the turn signal side.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is Wink?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carljones11
What is Wink?
When one of the DRLs dims as you switch on the indicator, basically to allow on-comming traffic to see the indicator light.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by carljones11
What is Wink?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rbats
So, I would really like to disable the wink on my A7 when the turn signal is on. If I get the VAG cable and software, is this possible with the LED light package? Or will this only work with the Xenon's? I have the LED and would like to know if anyone has been successful disabling the wink.

Also, anyone in the Chicago area with a cable??

Thanks.
I have seen it disabled, very easy to do with vag com (VCDC)
Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xradman
If you have the LED package, there is no wink. LED changes color to amber for the turn signal. Wink is only on the Xenon light package where the DRL LED is turned off on the turn signal side.
Had no idea that the color changed -- is this confirmed? Pretty sure the A7 LED package has a separate row of LED's for the turn signal. I definitely see two distinct rows during nightime driving with the turn signal or the hazards on.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Had no idea that the color changed -- is this confirmed? Pretty sure the A7 LED package has a separate row of LED's for the turn signal. I definitely see two distinct rows during nightime driving with the turn signal or the hazards on.
They don't change colour, as you say there is a separate row of LEDs underneath the DRL for the indicators, you can see it in action towards the end of this lighting video sequence
Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phantom68
They don't change colour, as you say there is a separate row of LEDs underneath the DRL for the indicators, you can see it in action towards the end of this lighting video sequence
My bad. I guess my answer applies to only the A8 LED lights.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just posted about this in the A6 Forum

The LEDS turn signal are a different row of LED from the Daytime running running lights on the A7 model.

I have spent a lot of hours testing and pretty much completely disabling the wink isnt a good idea, the daytime running lights overpower the LED turn signals, to the point where you hardly notice the turn signal is on.

If you look the video the LED DRL will dim slightly when the LED Turn Signals are activated.

That is what you might want to do if you can find someone with the VCDS Interface cable (Vag-com).

When you are ready just PM me or post again, and i will tell you exactly how to do this, its Easy.

Quick Reply: VAG - Wink Disable Question