A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

White or Ice Silver; MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White or Ice Silver; MSRP

What color do you guys prefer? Also, are any of you getting ANY discount off MSRP?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ice Silver (if forced to pick between the two). I know a huge amount of audi nuts on here looooove IBIS, and to be honest the few A7 pics I've seen in white are quite nice. I just think, the car has too many subtly beautiful lines to withstand white. But it's just my opinion. You honestly can't go wrong, unless you choose red (again IMHO).

If you have an audi in your family, you should be getting an audi loyalty discount which is $1500-2000 depending on who you talk to. I think it's dealer dependent. I've read that some dealers are resistant, and I've also heard that Audi doesn't want these to be discounted.

Just know that there is about $4000 of MSRP profit built into the price. So start with the fact that no one is letting it go for invoice or just over. $2000 off for loyalty (or whatever they want to call it) is probably as good as it's going to get. If you don't have an Audi at home, I suggest you get to know your dealer. Try and find out how many he's/she's ordered, how long your wait is, how serious he/she thinks you are. It may just be my past experiences, but I find that dealer are willing to give a bit of discount leeway if you order/wait and seem reputable. They basically made a profit for filling out paperwork. Plus the car will sell even if you flake out, as long as it's not horribly base configured.

Remember it's their business and they have no reason to sell it to you at a discount if someone else will buy it for MSRP. But they have to factor in repeat business, and they love legacy jumps. Talk a little about how after the A7 maybe the S7/RS7 or S8 or even R8 will be your next car. They want to sell you that car and might be more amenable to thing of you as a long term client. Plus, you might actually feel that way.

Hope this helps. Happy motoring, it's a beautiful car.

The wife ordered one (prestige, dakota grey, nougat, innovation, 20's) and it should be here in a month or two.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting...I have also added Oolong Grey to the list...
Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the havana black one and I love the color. I saw an Ibis white one as well and it looks very good!

With respect to pricing, the loyalty rebate is $2000 and is given my Audi and is thereby not dealer-dependent! You will not get the car for invoice, but I split the difference between invoice and msrp with my dealer. Together with the loyalty rebate, I saved the NJ sales tax of 7% on the prestige model with innovation package and 20" wheels.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by lexusluver
Interesting...I have also added Oolong Grey to the list...
Oolong grey was my favorite as well.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cbb09
I have the havana black one and I love the color. I saw an Ibis white one as well and it looks very good!

With respect to pricing, the loyalty rebate is $2000 and is given my Audi and is thereby not dealer-dependent! You will not get the car for invoice, but I split the difference between invoice and msrp with my dealer. Together with the loyalty rebate, I saved the NJ sales tax of 7% on the prestige model with innovation package and 20" wheels.
Question regarding the audi loyalty rebate of $2,000. Is this a manufacturer rebate that the dealership has to honour? Also, is it just a U.S. rebate? I phoned Audi Canada about this U.S. loyalty rebate program for current Audi owners but the customer rep indicated there is no such program in Canada. Anyone from Canada ever get a loyal discount from manufactuer (as opposed to dealer discount)? I ordered a 2012 A6 but dealer didn't mention any manufacturer discounts for loyalty so I wondered whether there's none or the dealer is keeping it for themselves. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do not know if A7 & A6 can be apples to apples comparison on discount.
Why not put the question on A6 forum?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered a 2012 A6 but dealer didn't mention any manufacturer discounts for loyalty so I wondered whether there's none or the dealer is keeping it for themselves. Thanks.
I was going back and forth between Lease Buyout on my A6 and buying the A7. All of my Lease-End sales/marketing material stated the A6 loyalty rebate was $3,000.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Both A7 and A8 have a loyalty discount of $2,000 right now. The rebate is given directly by Audi (not by the dealer) and comes off the final sales price (incl. tax etc.). I had to sign a rebate form that the dealer will send it to get the $2,000 reimbursed from Audi.

If the dealer doesn't know about it, have them call Audi. The A7 loyalty discount list was updated about a month ago.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ahh..unforunately, this would be my first Audi so I do not qualify for the loyalty discount...

Quick Reply: White or Ice Silver; MSRP