A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Why did you choose an A7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had mine about 16 months now, and every time I get in and start her up I get a big smile on my face. Looked at 5-series in 2010, but went with the A6. When the A7 came out, I was fortunate not to lose my shirt (just a sleeve!) by trading in the newish A6.

Last edited by 80MGB; 03-24-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I saw A7 on the road once, and was immediately attached. One year later, I got my own. After 10 month ownership, no regret at all. The only sad experience was it was dented once in the past winter.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Two years ago I had an A6 Avant and was considering the new A8. I really liked it, but was put off by the lack of trunk space/hauling capacity. I do a lot of cycling and need to get two bikes in the back. The A7 was coming out, so I delayed my purchase decision on the A8 and wound up buying an A7 shortly after they were released in the US. For me it's the perfect compromise between the hauling capacity of the Avant and the luxury of the A8, performance is great, and the styling is really some of the best I've ever seen. I've been delighted with this car.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

First time Audi owner and after 6 months I wish I would have bought one sooner. Has to be one of the best looking and best made on the road today,love it every time I walk in the garage and admire ours.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me I was coming from a S5 and was searching for a 4 door. Wasn't really interested in anything but audi. What got me to the A7 was the hatchback and the design overall. I had no interest in a regular sedan. As great as the A6 or A8 are I still would rather have the 7's unique styling.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love Audi wagons, but the choices are becoming more limited in the US. The A7 was the perfect solution; wagon utility wrapped up in a design that still makes me grin every time I walk up to it...what a gorgeous automobile

Old 03-25-2013, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Exclusivity – Demure – Class and utility… That and it’s absolutely breathtaking. I’m already regretting trading it this fall
Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

+1 to what CHZHD said....

Last edited by 60614allroad; 03-26-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

First and foremost, I bought mine because of the overall drive and feel. I will also admit that I wanted a car that wasn't like every other car out there. Can't tell you how many BMW 5s and 7s as well as Mercedes Es and CLSs I pass on my 35 mile commute in DFW daily. If I pass one A7, it is rare. I also like to look in the rear view and watch heads turn. Brings a smile to my face every time I start it :-)
Old 05-27-2013, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I decided to signifantly upgrade to this class of car,one of the many things that made my mind up was the trunk (or boot for those overseas ). I'm currently on my second fusion, a hybrid. The rear seats do not fold down due to the battery position. Miss that from my first fusion that my son now has from 7 yrs ago. There are times that I need that extra capacity. Was initially considering the a6 due to pricing but then I test drove the 7. Dealership was an exit away from I75 in pembroke pines and what a drive!!!!! (Had been a customer in NJ with that dealership since 2000).

So decided on practicality, very sharp car to say the least, couldn't ask for a better handling car that is drivable by me and intend to drive it for years to come. Decided against diesel due to an estimated 3K price differential given low mileage as I'm a telecommuter. Biggest trip is the round trip to PA once a year. Was just told that my loaded 2014 should be here very early July. Given the number of deer in PA opted for innovation package instead of the driver assist. Ibis white, layered oak, velvet beige with dark peat carpet, etc, etc, etc. I have grown tired of black on black (7 yrs now and grey/black on my pre fusion cars).

I'm biting at the bit for a call from the dealership. The way my schedule looks, hope to be taking my 1200 test drive weekend of July 20/21. Will be adding weather tech once I get back to pa. Already have the custom fitted sunshade.

Quick Reply: Why did you choose an A7?