A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

YIKES! Fuel Injector Seal Leak!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow. That really sucks, big time! What was Audi thinking?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 fuel leak

Wow I just got my new A-7 last week and If I would-it read this post I would-it never bought this car. I'm very disapointed that this happened to you.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by The G Man
I had a 2008 GS350 AWD, that car was the worst car I have ever owned as far as reliability. I had it for one years and it spended close to 2 months in the shop. Just goes to show you, there is no guarantee in life, even if the car is made in Japan. BTW, I test drove the GS350 a few weeks ago, nice handling car, not as quick as the A6, the front end is too JC whitney for me.
Here's the problem - the 2008 Lexus GS350 compared to the 2013 Lexus GS350 isn't a fair comparison. They're two totally different vehicles, therefore we're not comparing apples to apples. Also, the poor reliability you experienced with your Lexus is very uncommon. Over the years, Lexus has won a multitude of awards in regards to its reliability and the quality of its vehicles. I've owned multiple Lexus vehicles and even BMWs, and I can tell you for a fact that Lexus is a much more reliable car. By the way, was your GS used, or off of a lease? What kind of car do you drive now?

The design language of a vehicle is subjective, it's impossible for everyone to love the GS's design. Although I wouldn't say it's, "too JC Whitney." My F Sport has a very aggressive front facia.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by iewsemaj
I would never park that in my driveway. Make my property value go down.
I'll park it in mine anytime - right next to my other luxury cars. If anything, I just raised my property value by 20%.

What kind of car do you drive?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update -- both Audi Flagship (corp) and Audi Dealer have been in touch with me constantly through this which is a positive. They have reassured me that the car, which they say is now fixed, is 100% safe to drive. They have replaced all 3 of the seals on the side where the one was broken for precaution. The Service Director at the dealer (who has been very good in keeping me informed) even said he would offer to take the car home, drive it around with his wife and kids in it, if that would reassure me. They said they used a special solvent to clean all remanents of gas that was in the engine bay. Audi Flagship even offered to send someone to clean my driveway. I'm a little torn now but will go in tomorrow to check it out before deciding what to do.

Thanks for all the support!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good luck to you I can imagine how you feel, if something like that happened to me I would trade-it in for another car the next day but not (Audi) but hey thats just me. keep us posted.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FSport21
Listen, I love the Audi A7 - and I almost bought one. It's a phenomenal car on a number of accounts, especially in regards to design. The problem with Audis is simply the reliability aspect.

Unfortunately, no automaker surpasses the Japanese when it comes to craftsmanship. I just bought a 2013 Lexus GS F Sport, and I love it. The reliability, performance, technology, design, all make it number one for me. And considering you're having a problem with your A7, I thought I would recommend a potential alternative.
Those things are simply hideous... My neighbor has one, and there's no comparison to my A7. The front fascia looks too cartoonish and it doesn't flow with the remaining lines on the vehicle; a pure soup sandwich. On the bright side, the interior is stunning!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rbats
Update -- both Audi Flagship (corp) and Audi Dealer have been in touch with me constantly through this which is a positive. They have reassured me that the car, which they say is now fixed, is 100% safe to drive. They have replaced all 3 of the seals on the side where the one was broken for precaution. The Service Director at the dealer (who has been very good in keeping me informed) even said he would offer to take the car home, drive it around with his wife and kids in it, if that would reassure me. They said they used a special solvent to clean all remanents of gas that was in the engine bay. Audi Flagship even offered to send someone to clean my driveway. I'm a little torn now but will go in tomorrow to check it out before deciding what to do.

Hope it works out for you!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rbats

That is exactly what I would expect from Audi!

Any part of the vehicle can fail, that's why they give you a warranty. What you had is an odd occurance, not a well known, common failure. They will fix it and you will not have to worry about it any further.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FSport21
Here's the problem - the 2008 Lexus GS350 compared to the 2013 Lexus GS350 isn't a fair comparison. They're two totally different vehicles, therefore we're not comparing apples to apples. Also, the poor reliability you experienced with your Lexus is very uncommon. Over the years, Lexus has won a multitude of awards in regards to its reliability and the quality of its vehicles. I've owned multiple Lexus vehicles and even BMWs, and I can tell you for a fact that Lexus is a much more reliable car. By the way, was your GS used, or off of a lease? What kind of car do you drive now?

The design language of a vehicle is subjective, it's impossible for everyone to love the GS's design. Although I wouldn't say it's, "too JC Whitney." My F Sport has a very aggressive front facia.
My 2008 GS350 AWD was bought new.
The 2013 GS350 doesn’t have a track record yet for reliability but I know that it still use the same engine as the 2008. Did you know that the 2008 GS350 AWD was on the Consumer Report's not recommended list. Lexus as a brand might be reliable, but the GS350 not as much. I think most people who buy cars at this price point choose their car with their passion, not sensibility or reliability.
You are right, looks can be subjective, but radical designs are not. The angles are all wrong on the GS350, way too many sharp angles in the front end and the side profile and rear are rounded off, the lines on the GS just doesn’t flow well. The front end looks like something I used to do to my car when I was a teenager, the body panel in the front looks aftermarket to me. It just doesn’t have that classy look from the outside as the A7. The interior on the other hand is one of the best I have seen from Lexus, right up there with Audi, but at this price range, it needs the whole package.
Good luck with your new GS350, it’s on heck of a handling car.

Last edited by The G Man; 03-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: YIKES! Fuel Injector Seal Leak!