A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Are you happy with your Audi dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you happy with your Audi dealer?

Audi has a reputation as a manufacturer of high-end quality cars and leading technology. They appear to be the current "medial darling" with both the automotive press and lifestyle media. Audi continues to win comparos and shootouts against rivals. However, they have always had a reputation of poor customer service from both the local dealerships and Audi Corporate.

I have never owned an Audi, however, I have been in several Audi dealers over years. I have always been underwhelmed by the Audi shopping experience compared to other cars I have owned like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Acura. I have had friends tell me that dealer support is the reason they haven't considered an Audi.

I would like to hear your thoughts. Especially from the folks that also own, or have owned similar cars from BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by looking@audi

Audi has a reputation as a manufacturer of high-end quality cars and leading technology. They appear to be the current "medial darling" with both the automotive press and lifestyle media. Audi continues to win comparos and shootouts against rivals. However, they have always had a reputation of poor customer service from both the local dealerships and Audi Corporate.

I have never owned an Audi, however, I have been in several Audi dealers over years. I have always been underwhelmed by the Audi shopping experience compared to other cars I have owned like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Acura. I have had friends tell me that dealer support is the reason they haven't considered an Audi.

I would like to hear your thoughts. Especially from the folks that also own, or have owned similar cars from BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.
Man I am sorry for what happened to you, as a former Mercedes, BMW owner I can tell you the Audi brand is right now a little step ahead, I did not have any problems with my dealer, they were really polite BUT next door is the Porsche dealer owned by the same owners and you could really feel the difference, I went to both dealers to drop my A7 and my wife's Cayenne Turbo and at the porsche they gave us a brand new Cayenne one time and a brand new panamera other time, at the Audi they offered me an Enterprise rental car, I asked them if they didnt have at least an Audi and then I got an A6, I guess one brand is premium and the other one is premium plus, so the customer service adapts accordingly, that is my impression, maybe Porsche owners are less relaxed than Audi owners, and think about it the entry level porsche (boxster or cayenne v6) is about the same price than a nice A6.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
I can tell you the Audi brand is right now a little step ahead, I did not have any problems with my dealer, they were really polite BUT next door is the Porsche dealer owned by the same owners and you could really feel the difference, .
Totally agree. The Westwood, MA Porsche dealer is connected to the Audi dealer in the same building. The Porsche sales team is friendly, knowledgable, experienced and helpful. The Audi sales team is arrogant, inexperienced, and totally lacking in customer service. Same building - same owners.

My impression of Audi dealers is not limited to my recent bad experience. I have been in several Audi dealerships over the years, and it seems poor customer service is the rule, not the exception.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer is Fletcher Jones in Chicago. I find both the sales team and the service team to be very knowledgable and helpful. Oh, and the parts department too.....
Old 10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have experienced multiple dealers over 12 years of Audi ownership here in Massachusetts. In general, you pretty much get what you negotiate with the front and back of the house.

The team at Audi of Shrewsbury (formerly Wagner) is great to work with. Both the sales and service teams include enthusiasts. They've always been very responsive, going the extra mile to advocate with Audi of America on my behalf when things get dicey. That's what I expect from customer service. The A8 loaner at service time is icing on the cake
Old 10-14-2012, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 60614allroad
My dealer is Fletcher Jones in Chicago. I find both the sales team and the service team to be very knowledgable and helpful. Oh, and the parts department too.....
I'll give a thumbs up for Fletcher Jone Audi in Chicago. No pressure and very helpful.

Finding a dealer is difficult. In the end I want someone I can trust and will act more like a trusted partner. This may not get be the best deal financially, but it beats trying to cross shop multiple dealers. 5 Audis later and I'm still a customer.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Speaking for long island - I own both a benz and a BMW - and none of the Audi dealers around here are up to the standards in the service departments of the top BMW and MB dealers. This is one of the fears I have jumping from Mercedes to Audi. Audi needs alot of work in this area. Its the service department that dictates most repeat buying - buy a car and have a bad experience with service during your ownership period, and you won't buy another one.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nyca
Speaking for long island - Its the service department that dictates most repeat buying - buy a car and have a bad experience with service during your ownership period, and you won't buy another one.
Amen! Such is my experience with Audi of VA Beach... Awful service reps/mgrs/etc. Seriously bad taste in mouth as it pertains to the brand. Definitely looking to a different manufacturer for my next vehicle.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BasicSlvr
Have experienced multiple dealers over 12 years of Audi ownership here in Massachusetts. In general, you pretty much get what you negotiate with the front and back of the house.

The team at Audi of Shrewsbury (formerly Wagner) is great to work with. Both the sales and service teams include enthusiasts. They've always been very responsive, going the extra mile to advocate with Audi of America on my behalf when things get dicey. That's what I expect from customer service. The A8 loaner at service time is icing on the cake
Good to know there is at least one decent Audi dealership in MA. Burlington is also a complete joke. They will have to pry 90k out of my cold dead hands if I ever decide to upgrade to an s7. The most arrogant bunch of *bleeps* I have ever met at a dealership, ever. BMW Norwood on the other hand have been superb.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Wilsonville in Wilsonville, OR. has been flawless from buying to service. Loaners have always been brand new A8's, staff has always been courteous and to top it off, a "Birthday Month" free detail was perfect. Clearly, customer service is taken seriously.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your Audi dealer?