A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Are your floormats "A7" embroidered?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure I understand. The all weather mats with "A7" stamped in it are a problem? They snap in place, don't move around, are ribbed and are fine for me in the mid-atlantic snow & slush. The all weather cargo mat (also with A7) fits perfectly and is raised all around. The issue is, it does not cover the back of the rear seats. At any rate, I am not disappointed with them.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carljones11
I'm not sure I understand. The all weather mats with "A7" stamped in it are a problem? They snap in place, don't move around, are ribbed and are fine for me in the mid-atlantic snow & slush. The all weather cargo mat (also with A7) fits perfectly and is raised all around. The issue is, it does not cover the back of the rear seats. At any rate, I am not disappointed with them.
Sorry, thought I was being clear. The all-weather mats for the Audi A7 are cheap, thin, have incredibly short ribbing and not worth the $150 MSRP (or anywhere near it).

I like the fact that they snap in, that's a great feature -- as mentioned, I think the specific contours of the front passenger side make it hard to buy a mat that fits the front driver and passenger side as well.

But you can buy infinitely better quality mats -- deeper ribs, a more substantial rubber, and a higher "tray" rim all the way around -- for a fraction of a fraction of the price.

The only drawback to this is that mats you can pick up at the local auto parts store may not be as wide as front flooring (any simple rectangular back mats will do), which is why I was looking for alternatives.

I grew up in Toronto, lived through many a New York winter, and know what any decent all-purpose cheap run-of-the mill all weather mat should be in terms of material and function. Surprised that you can't tell a difference from your mid-Atlantic experience, but that's subjectivity for you.

I loved the suggestion for the rear cargo/seat protectors here, adapted from the A6 Avant:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...t=cargo+mat+a7

Just looking for some alternate suggestions for front all-weather carpets that would be more substantial, durable, and of better quality than what I think is offered for the A7.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

These may fit the bill... Custom "tray" mats for the Audi A7:

http://www.weathertech.com/audi/2012...er-digitalfit/

However, these are more expensive that the Audi OEM mats. I have the standard, Weathertech all weather mats for my Highlander and they are terrific.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I got the Lloyd All Weather mats form Carid. Color match is great, fits well (front and back), snaps in place and does keep the slush in check. Reasonable price too.

http://www.carid.com/2012-audi-a7-fl...ts-161257.html
Old 07-16-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I got the Lloyd All Weather mats form Carid. Color match is great, fits well (front and back), snaps in place and does keep the slush in check. Reasonable price too.

http://www.carid.com/2012-audi-a7-fl...ts-161257.html
Frank, good to see you here again, you've been away from here for awhile.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dbs427
Sorry, thought I was being clear. The all-weather mats for the Audi A7 are cheap, thin, have incredibly short ribbing and not worth the $150 MSRP (or anywhere near it).

I like the fact that they snap in, that's a great feature -- as mentioned, I think the specific contours of the front passenger side make it hard to buy a mat that fits the front driver and passenger side as well.

But you can buy infinitely better quality mats -- deeper ribs, a more substantial rubber, and a higher "tray" rim all the way around -- for a fraction of a fraction of the price.

The only drawback to this is that mats you can pick up at the local auto parts store may not be as wide as front flooring (any simple rectangular back mats will do), which is why I was looking for alternatives.

I grew up in Toronto, lived through many a New York winter, and know what any decent all-purpose cheap run-of-the mill all weather mat should be in terms of material and function. Surprised that you can't tell a difference from your mid-Atlantic experience, but that's subjectivity for you.

I loved the suggestion for the rear cargo/seat protectors here, adapted from the A6 Avant:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...t=cargo+mat+a7

Just looking for some alternate suggestions for front all-weather carpets that would be more substantial, durable, and of better quality than what I think is offered for the A7.
I see. The factory ones have been fine for me, BUT I have not used others to know what I might be missing.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by carljones11
Frank, good to see you here again, you've been away from here for awhile.
Thanks. Spent the last 6 weeks in Europe, visiting family and getting aquainted with a new grandson. He took priority over a car
Old 07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions, Frank and Fourman -- as well as for the field testing feedback on the OEM mats, Carl.

I really like the weathertech mats -- they look along the lines of what I'm looking for in full contour lining and durable material. The pics on that detail page look a little variable -- one set seems to have more snap-in points than another shown, so not sure exactly what you're getting here.

I also really like the idea of a second row liner that stretches across the divider -- the one in the weathertech site has a middle that looks flat in one pic, and concave in another; the floor divider in the A7 is a convex hump, so again, not sure that the exact fit would be ideal or not.

Still, these are definitely the closest to the kind of mats I envision.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please do let me know, and thanks again!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

The factory all-weather mats are a nice fit but they are definitely not the thickest or best quality. We had one of ours replaced on our Q5 because it had a hole from the factory. I found the hole when I took the mats out and looked at the underside and saw light shining through at me. The dealer was good about it and replaced it.