A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2500 RPM Limited limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 03:32 PM
myx
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2500 RPM Limited limp mode

Hi guys having a problem for over a week , suddenly got the message RPM limited to 2500 RPM , cooling fan blowing to max power and this was happening randomly on and off , now it is permanent so service im going decided to change the cooling fan since was showing an error to cooling fan control module , waited an week for the part , changed it and surprise it does the same , as soon as starting car fan starts to blow and limits the rpm . This is the error im facing and having the errors in this tsb . at this points it beats me and if anyone faced this problem any feedback or idea is appreciated thanks .

Old 04-20-2023, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by myx
Hi guys having a problem for over a week , suddenly got the message RPM limited to 2500 RPM , cooling fan blowing to max power and this was happening randomly on and off , now it is permanent so service im going decided to change the cooling fan since was showing an error to cooling fan control module , waited an week for the part , changed it and surprise it does the same , as soon as starting car fan starts to blow and limits the rpm . This is the error im facing and having the errors in this tsb . at this points it beats me and if anyone faced this problem any feedback or idea is appreciated thanks .

hope i am not offending you by saying this: did you clear the codes after the new part went in?
Old 04-20-2023, 10:01 PM
myx
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes ,cleared codes, error pops instantly, at this point looks more like a software issue from what I read arround.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 353 Posts

do you know the tsb number?
Old 04-24-2023, 03:18 AM
myx
AudiWorld Junior Member

can someone help with an ecu wiring diagram for A7 C8 2019 ?
Old 04-25-2023, 04:15 AM
myx
AudiWorld Junior Member

Took me a while but I fixed this , got the ecu wiring diagram finally and identified pin 29 [ yellow /purple wire ] as fan com in black green ecu conector after testing the wire it seems it was faulty and we just run a new wire for direct tests and confirmed my suspicions ,somewhere the wire was .broken sending an intermitent low voltage . Glad I fixed this since all dealers I called claimed they never heard this problem and was facing hours of labour and diagnoses. If anyone meets this problem i hope this helps ,before changing the fan for nothing ,as the diagnose shows ,make sure u check com wire which is a pretty simple stuff now that u know where it is . Feel free to contact me for details if needed . In the end I got a new fan and lot of experince now 😀😀. All the best
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (04-25-2023)
Old 04-28-2024, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myx
Took me a while but I fixed this , got the ecu wiring diagram finally and identified pin 29 [ yellow /purple wire ] as fan com in black green ecu conector after testing the wire it seems it was faulty and we just run a new wire for direct tests and confirmed my suspicions ,somewhere the wire was .broken sending an intermitent low voltage . Glad I fixed this since all dealers I called claimed they never heard this problem and was facing hours of labour and diagnoses. If anyone meets this problem i hope this helps ,before changing the fan for nothing ,as the diagnose shows ,make sure u check com wire which is a pretty simple stuff now that u know where it is . Feel free to contact me for details if needed . In the end I got a new fan and lot of experince now 😀😀. All the best

hinmate I'm having this problem but I have no messages or codes come up can you help please
Old 04-28-2024, 10:05 AM
myx
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi there ,please be more specific, ur fan goes to full power mode and car limits ur rpm to 2500 ?