A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 55TFSI 2019 Reduce Oil Level

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 55TFSI 2019 Reduce Oil Level

Hello everyone,

Today I officially became the owner of a beautifully specced 2019 Audi A7 55TFSI (EA839 engine), but my joy was short lived.

After one hour of leaving the dealership and going for a cruise with the car, when I reached my parking, I received an “please reduce oil level” warning on the cockpit.

My parking is a bit inclined so I first thought it would be the inclination messing with the sensor so I got it out and made sure I was on even terrain but the error was still there.

I called the dealer and they asked me to come tomorrow with the car, but the warning came on and off, mainly after turning off the car, opening the bonnet and checking the oil cap.

There is no sludge built up on the cap, but there is a smell of gasoline, which worries me a bit.

After some further reading I have seen that some gasoline cars need a proper ride to burn off any excess fuel built in the engine while still cold, so I decided to go for a drive of 50-60 km with the car to test that theory.

The warning came back while I was on the highway and only turned off when I stopped the car, opened the bonnet and reseated the oil cap, but the gasoline smell was still there, even though I went on a long, uninterrupted drive at highway speeds.

I am here asking for advice as the car is still “new”, with only 50.000km on the clock, so I don’t know what to think, clearly the honeymoon period finished abruptly for me.

Looking forward to hearing from you about your experiences.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2023, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This is normal I had same Is due to driving shot cold travel distances.

Petrol always goes to oil - take small 3 mm hose and syringe and take 2-3dcl out from area where dipstick shut be

And enjoy your A7 merry Christmas
Old 12-22-2023, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urgi
This is normal I had same Is due to driving shot cold travel distances.

Petrol always goes to oil - take small 3 mm hose and syringe and take 2-3dcl out from area where dipstick shut be

And enjoy your A7 merry Christmas
Thank you for your message. I went to the dealer first thing in the morning and they extracted some oil out of the engine. First picture is before arriving to the dealer, the second one is after.

After this, took the car for a drive, around 25km and went home to get some sleep before work.

Went to work without thinking too much of it and came back to it around 8 hours later and took her for a drive back home, just before shutting off the engine, I went in the MMI and checked for the oil level, and to my shock, it was again increased.

Just to clarify, my commute is around 20km, so I don’t know if that again threw fuel in the oil, but tomorrow I plan on taking her for a 100km drive to see what happens with the oil level.