A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Bumper cover: S-Line vs. non-S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper cover: S-Line vs. non-S-Line

My rear bumper got hit & cracked. I see an offering from a dismantler for a used bumper cover that has the parking assist features that mine does, and is the same color. It is less than 1/3 the price of new. But the seller states that it is S-line, whereas my A7 is not S-Line. Anyone know if I can swap an S-Line bumper cover into a non-S-Line body?
Also, anyone have comments on how difficult it is to do this install yourself vs. having a body shop do it? It looks like there are a couple of tricky fasteners to get to, and my require a special deep socket.

Thanks in advance. Jack
Old 01-31-2024, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCHinCT
My rear bumper got hit & cracked. I see an offering from a dismantler for a used bumper cover that has the parking assist features that mine does, and is the same color. It is less than 1/3 the price of new. But the seller states that it is S-line, whereas my A7 is not S-Line. Anyone know if I can swap an S-Line bumper cover into a non-S-Line body?
Also, anyone have comments on how difficult it is to do this install yourself vs. having a body shop do it? It looks like there are a couple of tricky fasteners to get to, and my require a special deep socket.

Thanks in advance. Jack
I suspect most members of this forum already know this, but here are the answers I found. S-Line is a body styling trim level that goes beyond the base package, and has a somewhat more aggressive appearance. Although a rear bumper cover part number that features S-Line styling, it will still fit the vehicle and mount using the same fasteners as the non-S-Line original bumper cover part number. So this experiment might result in an A7 with a more docile-looking front bumper & a more advanced styled back bumper. Time will tell if this is a bad idea, but I'm going for it.