A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Faint popping/static noises from the sound system

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine is still doing it and also driving me crazy. I will have my dealer address it during my first year service, hoping they can just replace the MMI module and see what happens.

Originally Posted by cameraguy64
Anyone have any luck with this? Experiencing this same thing on my new 2021 A6 Allroad.

Hear it most listening to podcasts and on calls. CarPlay or no CarPlay.

driving me insane.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve just figured out today that it’s the speakers and not the trim/grills. Although the trim and grills do creak more than they should IMO.

I am gonna be on them like butter on bread next week. I will keep you posted if I get anywhere. Please do let me know if you get anywhere with yours.

I have been through weirdo noise issues on just about every car I’ve ever owned, of course I knew it would be to much to expect for this one to be any different, but at least I’ve got experience getting things like this addressed.

I would advise you to get it documented with them sooner rather than later, in case it becomes something they have trouble addressing, or worse refuse to acknowledge as being irregular.

it’s an $80k car. It should not do this.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve just figured out today that it’s the speakers and not the trim/grills. Although the trim and grills do creak more than they should IMO.

I am gonna be on them like butter on bread next week. I will keep you posted if I get anywhere. Please do let me know if you get anywhere with yours.

I have been through weirdo noise issues on just about every car I’ve ever owned, of course I knew it would be to much to expect for this one to be any different, but at least I’ve got experience getting things like this addressed.

I would advise you to get it documented with them sooner rather than later, in case it becomes something they have trouble addressing, or worse refuse to acknowledge as being irregular.

it’s an $80k car. It should not do this.
Same exact experience in my S5.

The plasticky interior bits creak like a mother****er as it is, and then the speaker issue on top of it. Made it hard to diagnose.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For those experiencing the ticking noise from the speakers, do you have the B&O? I agree that the C8 interior definitely has more noises compared to my old C7. And lately because the weather has been very warm, more noises are starting to pop up..
Old 06-27-2021, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
For those experiencing the ticking noise from the speakers, do you have the B&O? I agree that the C8 interior definitely has more noises compared to my old C7. And lately because the weather has been very warm, more noises are starting to pop up..
Yes, my issue is with the B&O system.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey, did you ever get any further movement on this?
Old 07-15-2021, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

My issue is definitely with the B&O

I've gone as far as to try and get this issue on the radar of B&O Corp. we'll see how it goes. my hope is that maybe they care more about their brand reputation than audi does, and could apply some pressure in a helpful way.

Dealer has my car for this issue now, and keeps changing their story on whether they can hear this or not. And feeding me all sorts of bull about why they can't or won't do anything. Infuriating. I'm going down today to make sure they can duplicate issue, even though I showed them when I dropped it off, and they heard it.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nope not yet. Will be dropping off my S7 for other creaking noises on the rear passenger C pillar and driver's side door panel. The C8 is noisy!

Hey, did you ever get any further movement on this?
Old 07-16-2021, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 21 S6 standard B&O has the same issue, it’s very noticeable when playing music in low volume. I tried using different audio source but issues is still present.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I encourage you to bring the car to the dealer so Audi has more data for this problem.

Originally Posted by NT01
My 21 S6 standard B&O has the same issue, it’s very noticeable when playing music in low volume. I tried using different audio source but issues is still present.

Quick Reply: Faint popping/static noises from the sound system