A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Front Turn Signal Failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Front Turn Signal Failure

Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Audi A7 with full LED headlights. While driving the other day I got an alarm on my dashboard stating “Front Right Turn signal”. When I looked at the headlight assembly, the running light/turn signal, which runs along the entire length of the light assembly, was only functioning at the two ends. The signal still flash but the majority of the lights are out.

Has anyone ever had this problem or Can anyone tell me if the LED running/turn signal light can be repaired or do I have to change the entire headlight assembly?
Old 04-10-2023, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobst1100
Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Audi A7 with full LED headlights. While driving the other day I got an alarm on my dashboard stating “Front Right Turn signal”. When I looked at the headlight assembly, the running light/turn signal, which runs along the entire length of the light assembly, was only functioning at the two ends. The signal still flash but the majority of the lights are out.

Has anyone ever had this problem or Can anyone tell me if the LED running/turn signal light can be repaired or do I have to change the entire headlight assembly?
hey did u ever find the solution to your problem? I am kinda having same issue but my turn signal blinking fine but inside its showing malfunction with front right signal.
Old 04-14-2023, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed899009
hey did u ever find the solution to your problem? I am kinda having same issue but my turn signal blinking fine but inside its showing malfunction with front right signal.
Hi and yeah I did find a solution. In my case one of the controller modules on the lamp housing went bad.

If your lights, that is your low/high beams (including all four large LED lamps), the entire strip of your running lights/signals located below the main headlamps, and adaptive headlight work when turning into a driveway are working correctly, you might just want to reset the error codes. Some error codes reset automatically IF the problem was only temporary while other codes have to be reset. I'd get a printout before resetting anything. Just an FYI, I use the Ross-Tech interface and software to run diagnostics and reset codes and performing maintenance. I'm sure there are others but I'm only familiar with Ross-Tech.

Not sure of the error code wording but on occasion I get an error that my left marker light is out. That's the small amber light located on the left and right sides of the nose. I flick it with my finger and it pops back on. I have to get in there and check the connections but it can be annoying. I mention this only in case your problem is not in the main headlight assembly.

Good luck!
Robert
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (04-14-2023)