A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Telematics by OnStar" + mobile phone

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Telematics by OnStar" + mobile phone

Anybody heard any roumors as to when the OnStar+Cell option will be added to the 2002 A8L, what phone it will be (hopefully the Motorola V60), and how much it will cost? I decided that I'm going to order a 2002 A8L in Jan/Feb but I want to make sure that I'll be able to get an integrated phone in the car (some things a man just can't live without! ;&gt.

Also, what the hell is this "Alcantara" package? am I reading this right that they put leather on the headliner and the rear shelf and soak you for 3k? that seems like a total rip if that's all it is.

Also, Audi NA told me that th 2002 has a "Symphony II radio with 6-disc CD changer in-dash." Anybody have a 2002 that can tell me how this works? is it a cartrige based changer with the changer in the glove box like in the Lexus GS430, or is it a "magical stuff 6 discs into the slot and we'll handle the rest" system, or something else?

Also, what price should I be shooting for? 1k over invoice? more? less? I figure, I'm a young guy buying a very nice car, and I can try and play up the "treat me good, and I'll buy more cars from you in the future" angle as much as I can I already plan on getting an S8 in the summer of 2004

Looks like I was rambling on again...

Thanks in advance,
Noah
(fingers crossed that we sign this client)
Old 11-25-2001, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Telematics by OnStar" + mobile phone

Rumour is that the phone will be in fact a V60. The Onstar/Telematics system has been delayed and that delay may be just a month to a couple months...

The alcantara package adds "synthetic" suade headliner and sun visors instead of the regular fabric. The package also includes a complete leather dash in place of the regular plastic dash.
Great if you like leather but you can always do without it. The interior will look nicer if you do add the package though.

The Symphony II system does not use a cartiage, all you have to do is feed 6-discs into the single slot and it'll do the rest.

You can see most of the stuff in the Audi website. Especially the new Symphony system...