A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 S8 Filters and Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 S8 Filters and Brakes

Gents: Who/what is OE for Air, Oil and Fuel filters? Hows about brakes? Is ECS the only source for slotted rotors? TIA, Mark
Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 AM

Default How do you like the S8?

I picked up my '02 S6 the weekend before you picked up your S8. After seeing what was to become your S8, we're thinking of selling the BMW and picking up a '03 S8. Nice looking car.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: How do you like the S8?

I love it Chris! A couple of things to sort out but the drive back to Maryland was nothing short of bliss. Expansive interior in comparison and only 8" longer and 7" wider than the urS. Does not drive nearly the size it feels from the interior. Sport mode on the tranny rocks. 7K redline, smooth shift, 7K redline and so on. Smooth and quiet at double the speedlimit speeds. Brakes are softer than Paul's car but I suspect mine are original hence the quip on brakes. Interior is *rich*. Seats are awesome. I got nada bad to say.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default BEWARE (danger Will Robinson) the ***//Schmuck*** who tipped yous off on those cars...

Real //Scheister that guy.

Musta been, enough for yous to flys all the way across the country for things sight unseen!

8-)

Great you're enjoying them.

Mark- I'm hoping Tim LeClair of Foreign Autopart in MI can get me / us UrS8 parts, I have an email into him. I did just order a K&N panel from some online outfit, figure why not unleash a bit more of that //Seductive intake //Snarl yeah. Less MAF fouling worries than our UrS6's heh heh, why not.

Neu steering wheel badge in last night from Del Turgo / ebay.de - mine was all picked at - big difference.

And, the coupe de grace... 15mm //Spacers en-route too, ala Edweirdo Trendsetter //Style - BUHbye that f'n <<<infernal / criminal>>> ET48. Them I cannot wait fer.

Now ***there's*** a guy to watch out for (don't drop the soap)...
Old 02-01-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Hmmm... seems we're probably selling the BMW

and starting the search for a nice '03 S8... lol... and all with wife's blessing.

Regarding the rotors/filters/etc... have you tried Clair? I haven't had problems with ECS but I know they had those issues with credit card numbers getting out into the wrong hands.

Thanks for the review of the new car. Mine came 2900 miles back home without a hiccup. And yes, the sport mode rocks...
Old 02-01-2007, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wundrin' also about cabin filters - noted mine last night are pretty furry...

Heh, things that make ya go hmmm... Bruce, Ed, Me, Manny, Chris (ok C5 S6), Mark... that makes 6 now... Invasion of the UrS6ers from Audifans //SList to UrS8s and AW D2 - muwahahahaha, pardon.

Mr. Bill Mahoney, Mr. Bill BALONEY Mahoney... please pick up the red courtesy phone - yer UrS8 awaits. Bwa'doh, for you.

The red zone is for loading and unloading. The white zone is for unloading and loading...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hmmm 6 speed swaps to come?

Won't be long til someone throws a B6 S4 6 speed into an S8 no doubt....
Old 02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah I sorta (sorta) debated yanking the CMG from my UrS6 to shelve for...

...'someday', but it wasn't to happen.

Methinks enough technogeeks will get their scrubby little paws on them and enough time will pass that someone will venture down that road.

Tozo? Heh heh heh.

Rossato jokes he'll create an automotive rotisserie to accomplish just that. Never know.

Yesterday I had a revelation (I see the light!)...

Someone recently posted an ebay RS6 motor and harness for sale. Then I got to thinking about a few 'repaired' UrS8's I've seen come / go across the local market on the <<<cheap>>> (think low teens), and the wheels started turning.

Hmmmmmmm...

Naaaaaaa... not I seyz Paul (mit 3 kids four and under), but, maybe just maybe someone fewl enough here???

DOOOO EEEEEEEEET...
Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I've met a guy last Saturday, who is ready to convert his RS6 to 6 speed.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: BEWARE (danger Will Robinson) the ***//Schmuck*** who tipped yous off on those cars...

Spacers = goodness

Now you need "Brembo"s for your Brembos.

Quick Reply: '03 S8 Filters and Brakes