A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 A8L Mass air flow sensor - 4 days and counting

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 A8L Mass air flow sensor - 4 days and counting

New diagnosis, but no parts. The days tick away as they try to figure out what to do, where to get the part, how long it will take to install the part, and whether that will be a cure. On the bright side: 3 more days in the shop in the next 9 months (any bets? - I've averaged 4 days per month thus far), or 1 more failure to fix the latest problem, and it's an official Lemon. Pucker up, AoA.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Co, no doubt that a number of these cars should go back to Germany

or driven into the nearest creek! Yours may be one of them. Mine has been in the shop for three days while they try to figure out why the rear HVAC ducts "dont blow"! Yhey have NO ideas yet. Its a minor problem at this point and they have been very attentive. We`ll see how long that lasts. Whats your vin#?

greenie 6625

04 A8L silver/sabre
Old 12-04-2003, 12:54 PM

Default Oh pipe down Cohot, that's "charisma"!

I'll be good,I will, I will!

Buybeach
a/k/a Buyback
Old 12-04-2003, 12:55 PM

Greenie, at least you're in PA, not FL
Old 12-04-2003, 03:47 PM

Default My Ser No. is 2000 something. No more launch cars for me

Sorry to hear you are also getting the "what the *** going on round ear?" treatment. It's becoming clear that the early cars were slapped and gummed together with whatever, in order to make launch, and that the "service" people haven't quite gotten around to training anyone on how to fix these beasts.

TOday I was told the "mass air sensor" part would not be available until Tuesday or Wednesday (they didn't say which week). But tick, tick tick the days are running. 15 and I turn into a lemon, so I'm looking on the bright side. I've already told my "advocate" (what a misuse of that word) that it will take me about 3 nanoseconds after meeting a lemon law requirement to start the process. This truly is a shame. If they were helpful, or even feigned a helpful attitude, it would be easier. But it's more like "f you, we have your money and you're stuck with the g.d. car. shut up until we figure it out." What a lesson in how not to treat customers. WHen AoA gets ANOTHER class action suit, maybe they'll pay attention.

I asked to speak to the AoA legal department (I'm used to that, being one of those lawyer a-holes myself). "We can't give you that number" was the answer. I always believe in conversation before litigation, but AoA apparently needs a lawsuit before they let their lawyers speak to anyone. I asked to have them call me. "THey don't do that". THis is customer service in its cave man form. If your lawyers can't speak to humans, get new lawyers.

I am angry, yes. But I am more fed up with the lies and the attitude. If someone in my company treated a customer like this, they would be sent packing. But when a company follows a policy of treating customers like this, it's much worse. Indeed, there are words for it that I shall reserve until we are in the proper forum.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yea but in Fla. I wouldnt need the heat! How ya doin` Buy?

greenie 6625

04 A8L silver/sabre
Old 12-04-2003, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Co, sans this problem, my car has been damn near perfect!

I probably missed the "cutoff" for the launch vehicles so maybe Im home free. That being said, maybe AoA would like to hear from ANOTHER attorney. Let me know. Ill herald your cause without prejudice.

greenie 6625

04 A8L silver/sabre
Old 12-05-2003, 12:42 PM

Default 5 by 5 Good Buddy!

I am doing fine, Greenie!

I was shocked to see you with a service "issue" recently as I have it fixed firmly in my mind that you own the only fully functional A8L in the USA. You should consider auctioning it off at Sotheby's.

Seen poor Saralee's post today?
Old 12-05-2003, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey guy, mine is STILL trouble free!

Turns out that the rear center ducts are just for A/C. The heat I was looking for is deployed under the seats and through the pillar ducts between the doors. Sothebys will have to wait and yes, I read Saralees post. The aggravation is only compounded by Audis apparent inability to handle public relations as it should be handled. But I must admit that driving this A6 3.0 in thhe snowstorm that just hit is a real eye opener. This is my first experience with AWD and I will always, from now on, own at least one. I hear that its also good on South Beach!

greenie 6625

04 A8L silver/sabre
Old 12-05-2003, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default South Beach? When are we going?

You need at least one pimped out D2 there, don't you?

Quick Reply: 04 A8L Mass air flow sensor - 4 days and counting