A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 AUDI A8L MAJOR PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beach....I think he got your car Audi took back!!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Hi Paldi

You guys are amazing! I had forgotten that sign image file. These things have a life of their own.

Of course if he did get stuck with my former A8L(emon) he could look in the trunk. That's where I left the actual signs in case the new owner needed them.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You're OK Beach. Realtor eh? Me too.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:34 AM

Yeah, my Car and Driver job panned out.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:43 AM

Default My V60 in My 04 A8L is a joke!..and a cruel 1 at that

I accepted delivery of my Night Blue/ creme beauty on July 31st. I ordered the phone(at $900+) just prior to delivery with the expectation that it would work seemlessly with the vehicle's interface.

On delivery I discovered no interface with mmi, no way to manually dial a phone#,no phonebook or scroll option,no voicemail access, and generally weak sound quality on my side and the person On the other end of the call.

My ability to call on the handset got progressively worse. It got to the point that I could accept and make calls from the car with the phone in the cradle; but once removed from the cradle all incomming calls would go straight to voicemail and outgoing calls were impossible to complete even though the handset showed a signal.

I called the dealer and my advocate. I was first told by the dealer that my phone# issued for the phone should be the same phone# for the onstar. He said would call Motorola & Onstar regarding the issue. This didn't sound right to me so I called Onstar. They said the dealer's response made no sense.

I called back my Audi Advocate who set my expectation to hear back from him the same day. Several days elapsed whereupon I called back the advocate. he was surprised that the dealer had not gotten back to me as an authorization to replace the handset was ok'd.

I called back the dealer who ordered the replacement. About a week later the dealer recieved it and forwarded it to me. I transfered the service to the new handset. The reception & voice sound quality wasn't great but was much better than the first one's initial quality.

That night I inserted the phone into the cradle and attempted to make a call. The voice came on stating that my "On Star units were used up and was going to connect me to onstar to purchase addtional units." The car now isn't recognizing that the phone is in the cradle.

I just spent weeks trying to resolve this issue.
I started out being able to make calls from my car but not being able to make calls from the handset. Now I can make calls from handset but no functionality in the car.

I called back the dealer. He determined that Motorola may not have installed the Audi software
in the phone. He asked me to return the original hanset and asked that I use the replaced one for now untill he can get a new one for me. I am still waitng.

I have been without a truly functional PCS since I picked up this car.

I can't imagine why Audi would even try to provide this weak system in their car. I am extremely dissatisfied with this runaround.

The dealer has been great in trying to resolve this for me however I feel Audi hasn't thought this out or trained the dealer on resolving issues quickly.

I love the looks drive and feel of this car but I feel totally betrayed and hosed by Audi on this. I think Audi should make some sort of concession and on top of that get it right.

AUDI: YOU MONITER THIS BOARD! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! VIN#003196
Old 11-06-2003, 04:07 AM

Default Motorola sucks anyway.

After you try a Nokia or Sony Ericsson, you'll know how bad the user interface of Motorola is. I'll just go and buy a phone with Bluetooth and use it in the car.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My V60 in My 04 A8L is a joke!..and a cruel 1 at that

What gave you the expectation that the phone would work seemlessly with the MMI? It just made sense that it would or was it a salesperson telling you something that even they didnt understand!? The phone issue took on a life of its own, apparently, after dealers and advocates tried to "guess the answers". We all know what this system could have been but its not. This either represents a way of thinking at Audi which will creep into other areas, which I doubt, or it was a bungling oversight which probably will be fixed for 05.

greenie 6625

04 A8L silver/sabre
Old 11-06-2003, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Too bad the dealer knew nothing about the system and couldn't help you

This is where I get confused. Why the high level of incompetence? These are people who do NOTHING MORE than sell and service cars....I find it hard to believe they can't help you out more than they did. I would think there would be some kind of technical guru that could set them straight in corporate if needed, but I guess not.

pw
Old 11-09-2003, 06:44 AM

Default Re: 2004 AUDI A8L MAJOR PROBLEMS

Hi,

I share your fustration. I should have joined prior to ordering the phone for insight. I just picked up my 2004 Audi I have been waiting for for 3 months. I put the Audi V60 Motorola phone in the Audi cradle and got a bunch of nothing. It is so frustrating that the dealership can't answer these questions.......
I basicly bought the phone for hand free and can't use it. Please share your progress! Thanks
Old 11-09-2003, 07:24 AM

Default I think Audi should refund all of you your money for the phone package.

Once they fix the dumb thing they should provide you with the 'upgrade/fix' for free.

In the mean time they should supply the dealer with a motorola handsfree kit. I have one and it all works just fine in my A6 avant. It mutes the radio, uses the factory antenna, has great reception and once you voice program your frequently dialed numbers will voice dial with the touch of one button.

It also uses the Audi built-in phone speaker and microphone, and I can use whatever service provider I want (ATT and Verizon are two nationally good bets).

Good luck with it. This is really quite pathetic, especially considering the ad campaign: 'the most intellignetly designed car', huh, what was that?

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

yeesh.

Quick Reply: 2004 AUDI A8L MAJOR PROBLEMS