A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi "Never Follow"? - The New A8

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is the problem with many (but not all) BMW owners

They love their cars so much and hate most or all other luxury cars which is fine. But they show it in the most shallow and immature ways by putting down other luxury cars and their owners because it makes them feel they and their BMWs are more important. Pity those conceited fools.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:18 PM

Default Re: clearly you are not a prospective buyer...

Clearly, you do not know what the.....I am indeed an A8 owner! Bought my Ming Blue 3 weeks ago after selling my 1998 740i. Yes I was a devout BMW believer, yet the new 745i left me stunned, and disappointed. Not that the new A8 has had the same effect, yet when I saw the Avantissimo, IN PERSON, I was certain I had found the next car compnay for many years to come!
Old 07-13-2002, 07:25 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: clearly you are not a prospective buyer...

i stand corrected; please accept my apologies. in any case, i think folks here would be much more open to dialogue if you resisted attacking their personal opinions (from looking things over, it seems you've edited your messages already to remove the personal attacks; thanks).

one thing to keep in mind is that <b>everyone</b> thinks they have great taste.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:48 PM

Default Apology Accepted

yet there was no reason to, I am not angry nor am I takking this too seriously, yet as someone that has worked in the creative field all of my life, (granted I am only 27) I do tend to take it a bit more seriously than others perhaps. regardless, in edited some of my stronger opinioned comments, I did not appreciate 2tonic comments. Yet I am always open to constructive discussions. Taste is subjective to say the very least, is the new A8 ugly, not the least bit, is it disappointing in my "opinion" YES! I bought the new A8 for it's understated sophisticated style, my 740i looked mean and fast, the new 745i looks like a collaroation between Lexus, BMW and RR, and the new A8 to me, well I was disappointed, since the Avantissimo built my expectations. Pure and simple.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:51 PM

Default Except for the rub strips on the front and rear bumpers, it's perfect!

The exterior will be wonderful in the flesh. An upgrade to avantissimo headlights, HVAC seats and keyless systems won't take long if we want them... I'd like to see and "L" version and maybe a convertible on that 60% stiffer frame. :-) I would love to have this car NOW in black, ming blue or dolphin grey.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default To Ultradub, Acadia and others on this board........

I, too apologize for the stupid comments I made last week in that reply message. No hard feelings? That is the main reason I deleted my reply message to you with those stupid comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Ultradub, Acadia and everyone else are no exception.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some other things

About the new A8 (or other cars) being understated Audi will most likely make some changes or modifications to the final version of the new A8 before it goes into production. All car manufacturers (especially luxury) usually do this with new or redesigned models before final versions go into production. The reason new or redesigned models are shown as prototypes or concepts at various autoshows worldwide is to see what kind of feedback they receive from the general public and potential buyers, particularly brand loyalists. The less positive and more negative feedback car manufacturers receive from these people the more likely changes or modifications will be made. The more positive and less negative feedback they receive, the less likely changes or modifications will be made. Don't lose all hope just yet.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:24 AM

Default To 2tonic Tim and Meem

my apologies to you all, I suppose for a car that stirs so much passion not to mention the check book, emotions run deep. This forum provides a measure for us all to air our frustrations, elation and anger.....May the new A8 be all that it is promised to be.

Regards
Old 07-15-2002, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I concur, what a shame!!!!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default make war not peace!!!

I'm kidding, thought I was Mr. Bush for a second.

Quick Reply: Audi "Never Follow"? - The New A8