A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Navplus Part# 4D0035192E RNS-C or D

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Navplus Part# 4D0035192E RNS-C or D

I just installed a Navplus unit in my 2000 A8L with the above part number. It was purchased from UK and I have some strange results. The results is working and providing Navigation direction arrows in instrument cluster as well as the cd or radio info. I had to get a harness but other than that and the recode everything is working like I would expect. The surprise to all this is I do not have a TMC and the most surprising of all is I do not have pins 13 and 26 (can hi and Lo) of connector on back of unit going to can lines of instrument cluster pins 21 and 22. The only thing I don't have is a US map that works in unit but based upon what it is doing with map that came with it and from what I have read it should not have any info for nav in cluster until can lines are connected or via TMC. My orignal audi has text based nav so is it possible that info is being translated to cluster for nav by something in that system. Unit is doing everything I would expect and more but according to what I have read should not be talking to instrument and showing arrows like old system. I can see arrows on screen of unit and cluster or toggle to map and see arrows in cluster and actual map route on screen. Even though it saids off road in cluster info it does give eta and miles left to travel. I am thinking it is euro version of my original unit just with a screen and for some reason or another is working without needing can translation from bosch or blaupunt to audi. If I figure out disc this will be a good addition as posts I have read recommend RNS-e but my MFSW cluster info and all things seem to be working as is without addition components. Is this possible or will my vehicle suffer from such. I coded for bose and cd changer and nav. All seems to be working well. Just need a compatible US disc. Any experts know why this is so or should it be doing something different?