A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaufergnugen has redesigned tie rod ends? any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaufergnugen has redesigned tie rod ends? any opinions?

I have ordered plenty of items fromt hese guys years back, they offer good products but what do you think about these new rod ends? Worth a shot?

By the way, i still have a short with illumination but the new dash is 90% done!<ul><li><a href="http://www.audipartsworld.com/featured_items/a4_tie_rod.shtml">Link</a></li></ul>
Old 03-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Elder Member

Default I bookmarked the link for the inevitable need.

It has to be an improvement.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:29 AM

Default Check out this package from German Ebay.

Where can I get a full replacement set like this in the US. Cost is about 420 US dollars.<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2464921396&amp;cat egory=61892">http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2464921396&amp;cat egory=61892</a</li></ul>
Old 03-08-2004, 02:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Blaufergnugen has redesigned tie rod ends? any opinions?

Meyle is the manufacturer of the new tie rod ends. I paid $62 each for complete tie rod assembly from Import Parts Authority. I think www.autohausaz.com has them, too. There is a PDF file that list advantages of this full metal version. Download PDF - 0,11MB.<ul><li><a href="http://www.wulfgaertner.com/Home/techtips.asp?lan=en&amp;exp=products">http://www.wulfgaertner.com/Home/techtips.asp?lan=en&amp;exp=products</a</li></ul>
Old 03-08-2004, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

That is a sweet kit.....those lower dogbone links do a lot for your car!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Blau needs to learn how to read

The Meyle PDF (which has the picture) states:

"The full metal version being statically and dynmically the most stable."

The Blau page states:

"Blau's improved version is a full metal version which is statistically more reliable...".

Should we call them and tell them that there is a difference between static and statistic? Or do you think they have done fatigue testing of them at a lab?

;-) (like I've never made a mistake before, yea, right!)

They should get a picture on their web site showing the differences that you can actually see, I stared at it for 10 minutes and couldn't figure out what they were trying to say.

pw
Old 03-08-2004, 04:30 AM

Default I think I just made a friend in Germany. I've been in touch by email

w/ the seller. His name is Andre Iseler. He does ship to the US. Cost for this kit is Euro 339 for the kit and Euro 188 for FedEx. 527 Euro total. About $650 US. Is it a good price? What is considered a good deal on a set like this over here?

Now that I have this guy, I will see if he can get me new headlight glass.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Prices I paid

Straight control arms $80
Curved $110
Upper $69 each
Links $70 each

That's about $470 each side.....plus hardware.

Why not get him to ship it via airmail....but he might have to charge you 18% VAT so he doesn't have to pay customs.

I got the headlight glass from Wotan....but he packaged it so poorly that 3 of eight packages broke.....I had to eat that. I have a passenger side left, when I was suppose to have a whole set for myself and a spare for somebody else.

I was thinking about why I don't get stuff from Wotan anymore....you wouldn't believe the story from the last time I bought my parts....they were shipped on a palet to a guy in Atlanta....took about 8 weeks to get them out of customs once he got them and half of the stuff was smashed. That was the last straw.

pw
Old 03-08-2004, 05:06 AM

Default It doesn't get any worse than that. Wait all that time and it shows up broken.

If I do use him for delicate stuff, I will be sure to give it a bubble wrap mummification. We'll see. There's only one way to find out.
It would be great if he works out. If I can get the glass I'll get one side and grab the other one from you. If it does show up broken, I won't be out as much $$. Air mail is a good idea.

That susp.kit is very tempting, even w/ the high s&amp;h.

Ordering H&amp;R's coilover set today, so it's time to change out the front components too.

You'll never believe how much I am paying. Put it this way, there is a HUGE retail mark up.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think it's the same guy

For some reason I thought it was TerminA8 posting....he has delt with Wotan before....that's why I told the story.

Quick Reply: Blaufergnugen has redesigned tie rod ends? any opinions?