A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body work

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body work

Unbelievable- got hit in a parking lot last night and culprit didn't even leave a note. Damage to right tail light, minor cosmetics to bumper but bad news is there is a crease in the panel adjacent to the truck and a little nick in the trunk lid corner. Anyone have a good experience with a body shop in the Indianapolis, Indiana area? I will go to Chicago to get it done right. Local dealer is Tom Wood Audi- they directed me to Customer Relations and they directed me back to dealer.
2001 A8L
Pearl White (crunched tail)
Old 03-20-2003, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Total bummer- some people have NO class whatsoever!! At least have the decency to leave a note.

I hope that whomever you find to fix the body brings it back to 100%+.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let us know how the paint work comes out.

I have a Pearl, and I hear it's difficult to match.

Good luck on getting quality repairs; stinks the scum didn't leave a note.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:09 AM

Default I had the same thing happen...with a happy ending...

two weeks ago, we had a significant snowfall here in Chicago, and the salted roads left my Ming Blue A8L covered with the white salt residue. After things cleared up, I went for a wash only to reveal a rather large dent and white scrapes on the drivers door. I suspect it happened in a snow covered parking lot, where someone pulling into the parking space next to me slid into my door.

As I stood in horror looking at the door, and was approached by a guy from "Dentbusters" paintless dent removal. After assuring me he could fix it I agreed to the $150 he wanted. He pulled the car into a bay at the carwash and proceeded roll down the window and inserted a tool down into the door. He worked at it for about 2 hours and then buffed the door out. I am thrilled with the results, as you would never be able to tell anything happened. This dent was at the body crease on the door, and he was able to reinstate the crease as if nothing had happened.

I don't know if this is an option for your damage, but I am convinced that these guys can fix alot of things that would have otherwise been considered a body shop/fill/paint procedure.

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Let us know how the paint work comes out.

Hopefully since the area to repaired is next to the light it won't be as obvious. Thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I had the same thing happen...with a happy ending...

I have heard good things about dent wizard- I will see if they can help on the crease but I heard that they have to be able to get behind the dent so corners and edges are a problem. Glad things worked out for you.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Body work

Well went to the service department of dealer and they directed me to Connan's Body and Paint Shop in Zionsville Indiana (subburb of Indy)- the go to place for all their Audi work. Stopped by Connan's and met the owner- lot full of tricked out Audis, BMWs and MBs, next door to suspension shop and custom shop. He knew right away that the A8 was special- says he has a special booth just for the aluminum bodied cars, noted the Audi pearl is one of the hardest to match but that he does it all the time and genuinely seemed interested in getting my car back to "as good as new". I'll post pics of the after shots and whether this is the place in Indy to have body and paint work done.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean "in Indy"? It may be the place East of the Mississippi for A8's!
Old 04-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: What do you mean "in Indy"? It may be the place East of the Mississippi for A8's!

Picked up my car yesterday- if I did not know where it had been hit I wouldn't have known where to look. FANTASTIC Job- Al even dealt with my insurance carrier to get everything covered as they did an estimate based on their preferred repair shop that didn't have a clue what an A8 is. Car was cleaned up and waiting for me. CONNAN's is THE PLACE to go if heaven forbid you have an accident.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Re: Body work