A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brent - Got the DVD....one word! AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Brent - Got the DVD....one word! AWESOME!

Thanks so much for doing that.....it's great!

The movie of Randy Pobst driving my car is funny, how excited was I??? Okay, I was a little geeky, but everybody knows that about me already!

Thanks again.

Paul
Old 07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of great stuff ...

and darn, 11 months to Mid-Ohio.

Pobst's laps --- He flew thru Turn 11 on that 2nd lap (the only time he had no traffic in front of him there), and it sure looked like he didn't brake for the corner! Immediately following at Turn 13, did you notice he used Don's trick ... driving with the tires on the alligators and not turning in until the rumbling stops? I grinned the first time he braked for Turn 7 and got into the ABS

Your laps -- I chuckled when that Camaro(?) braked at what would have been the 8 marker for Turn 7, but was still too hot thru the turn.

My laps -- If you have to mount the camera on a rear seat headrest, you might was well aim it out the rear window. It didn't help that I didn't check and notice that it was aiming down and to the right :-(

And it doesn't look like there's any interest in D3 drivers (except Terry) learning about their car's capabilities on track. (see <A HREF="https://forums.audiworld.com/a8d3/msgs/3466.phtml">D3 x-post</a>) It makes me wonder if the market for the A8 has shifted so much that Audi will be satisfied with their 6L highway cruiser and won't even bother with a D3 S8.

Brent: I can't thank you enough for the effort you put into this. I've already made an archive backup of this DVD, I don't want to ever lose it or the memories !!
Old 07-10-2004, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Lots of great stuff ...

I didn't get on how your laps the camera starts at what looks like it is pointed at the ground and then about 1 minute into it, it pans out so you can see the dash. Did you manually do that?
Old 07-10-2004, 06:19 AM

Default When we set the camera up in Randy's car he want it zoomed in so that you would only see road. It

looks as though it bounced a couple of mintes in and zoomed outa little and shifted in the mount so you could see a bit more. It was a failed trial we won't try that again. Had we not zoomed in and left it so you could see the dash you would have had a better perspective on the drive it would also be smoother because the defects and the jaring would not accentuated by the zoom.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:32 AM

Default Anyone else amazed that Terry's instructor did not make him change his grip on the wheel?

9&amp;3 or 10 &amp; 2 never 11 &amp; 12 o'clock. If I were the instructor I would have been very nervous with the driver driving like that. Even my wife pointed it out. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Elder Member

Default Bounced a bit ...

I think Brent's right, the camera shifted in the mount. Since it was bolted to a rear headrest, I definitely didn't do it. BTW: The spacing of the headrest posts was different in my car, and the mount wouldn't fit up front.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That was the first thing I thought....not the right place at all
Old 07-10-2004, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto! Brent: Thanks for sending us a great DVD. Put a smile on my face again!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First thing I noticed as well. At Grattan this year, the guy from the Audi Club we had dinner...

...with claimed a 5-7 position was the way to go: resulting in smooth driving (??). I didn't bother argueing with him. He was very confident about it. :-)
Old 07-12-2004, 12:47 AM

Default Can anyone send it to me ?

Either via post or FTP ?
(I have a FTP server if someone can upload it)
I wil ofcource pay for it if someone sends it via post to me in Norway.

Quick Reply: Brent - Got the DVD....one word! AWESOME!