A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Declined CPO Warranty Claim

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Declined CPO Warranty Claim

One interesting thing about the CPO warranty: when you get one, they do not give you much information about what is included. The CPO warranty is an "inclusionary" warranty. The dealer's computer has access to a list of the covered components.

So, the passenger side vanity light did not work. My car was at the dealer for another reason so I asked that they change the bulb. Wasn't the bulb; the service writer told me that the visor needed to be replaced; there was an electrical problem in it. I was told the item was not in stock, they would order it and it would be covered under CPO.

Next time the car was at the dealer (too far to make the trip just for an inop vanity light) the visor was replaced and the light worked. The repair it was really in for, replacing the squealing blower motor, went fine.

However, the warranty claim for the vanity light repair was denied, since the part replaced is a "trim piece" and not on the inclusionary list. The service writer that told me it would be covered is no longer with the dealer.

I understand trim not being covered, but an electrical failure does not strike me as "trim." But it is not on the covered list...

I asked for the failed part. Since I was paying for it anyway, it might be fun to put a GPS display in it, or a rear-view display, or something. It was "thrown away."

Total cost $224. I think I would have skipped fixing the thing if I had been given a choice.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default If the item is in question, the dealer is "suppose to" check with AoA to see .....

if the part/labor will be covered or not before they do the work. Also, it's up to the dealer to push AoA to cover certain questionable items.

Great example. A few years ago my 1998 A8 at 78,000 miles was loosing coolant with no leak found. I was under CPO still, so I went to my dealer (Audi of Mendham, NJ). Found out that the water pump seal went and was leaking in to the timing covers. The service manager called AoA and told them the situation. He pushed them to cover changing the timing belt as well as the tensioner. Even though it's not a covered item, it was damaged prematurely by a covered item. It was a bit of a fight, but in the end I got the aux and timing belts done, t-stat, tensioners all covered for the $50.00 deductable!

Find a dealer that's willing to work with you a bit better! Good luck!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yes, push the dealer to get AOA involved. In fact ask to speak with the Reg Service Rep

If it's not a wearable (ie: battery brake pads, tires, etc) it should be covered. I've gotten the Regional Service Rep involved when the dealer has said no and it works (be professional and polite). The last thing the dealer wants is to get AOA involved so push ! Each car comes from AOA with a warranty accural, this fund comes from AOA not the dealer so it's not the dealers loss unless they replace something they shouldn't have. Same thing applies with the Certified Warranty. It's a good idea to save up your "fixes" to get the most for your $50 deductable. I've gotten about $4,000 worth out of my certified warranty.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Declined CPO Warranty Claim

:O looks like i was a little to late !!!

sorry.....<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a8/msgs/134913.phtml">Just fixed Mine</a></li></ul>