A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay Chip update:

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay Chip update:

Ok i talked to about 8 or the 9 people who purchased chips from this guy..
All of them said that on their Na engines that they feld a difference in low end and of course the redline being raised a few hundred rpm's.

The best gain was on a 2000 2.0 4 cyl in a Golf.. The driver said that it was only 13hp gain (as quoted) but he could feal the difference with the reaction of the throttle and pick up..

Here is an email from the seller.. i asked him about the chip for the A8

Thank you for your recent inquiry into our product. I look forward to answering your questions and filling all your Audi needs. First of all you are not a "guinea pig" as this Austrian firmware was developed in early 2000 and has been flashed to 100's of A8's worldwide with great success. It is no mystery that German vehicles imported into the United States are detuned for our market. Built into almost every US spec vehicle as well as European models are additional ways to achieve additional safe horsepower gains. The HP we are claiming for this tuning is at the crankshaft. IT does make a difference you can feel, all our products are guaranteed.For an additional $75.00 we can install a chip socket in your ecu,allowing you to switch back and forth. Please call us at 503-236-6771 M-F to talk about the tuning and any questions or reservations you may have. I encourage you to share your opinions on any of our products with fellow Forum members. The enthusiasts are the backbone of this industry. I will also offer all Audi forum members a 10% discount off tunings.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Sounds interesting

Do you have to send your ECU in to them for the install? If so, is it in the US?
Old 10-11-2004, 05:18 AM

Default Here's the problem I see

Bum feel is unreliable. Dyno graphs taken close to each other by an inderpendent are needed.

There is so much crap sold on the market with testominals because the victims just want to belive. I therefore want to see the interpendent scientifc verification (and not some study they paid ofr either).

Good luck, and keep us informed. If you do hand over the cash we woul all like to know if it does what it claims.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I will keep you posted..
Old 10-11-2004, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Sounds interesting

They do require you to send your ECU. I haven't asked for an address. Their hours are in PST and their phone number is in Oregon.

He also has a 100% feedback.. i saw about 10 negatives, but added comments later were that they resolved the issues, those issues were on shipping times... he does state that there is a turn around time of 10 days... however for extra he can ship express mail.

I think i will give it a try... worst case scenario my ECU is fried or i need to get a new ECU.. maybe the new ecu will cure our hunting problems... WHO KNOWS! but if he gives me an address to ship to in Oregon then i will go for it..

before i do. I need to know what to log on Vag-COM so i can do a before and after.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Can you log ignition timing via VagCom?

if so do a before and after.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Im pretty sure i can... what would i look for? + or -
Old 10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

+
Old 10-11-2004, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, it's like Bose

Everyone who buys Bose swears it's the best thing since Quattro, but even the salesmen in audio admit that they push that crap due to Bose's special high sales incentive bonuses per unit.

Don't trust whatcha "feel" .. there's a 4-wheel dyno guy near me .. there was an Audi event at his shop 3 or so weeks ago. I wonder how you would find a close one in NJ.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I live close to where they held Waterfest in Englishtown NJ

Ill call them and ask if they have a all wheel dyno..

Quick Reply: eBay Chip update: