A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fender bender last week!!!!! damm damm damm

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender bender last week!!!!! damm damm damm

anywayz... driving to the office and this 20yr ole chick on the phone stops suddenly as not to hit the person in front of her and i frantically try to avoid pulverizing her rear end.

i swerve hard to the left and end up hitting the curb and up the sidewalk... i though i missed her but i grazed her rear left bumper and damaged my entire front right corner panel and part of the hood.... cops came ... cars funtional nobody hurt... exchange insurance info and move on.... my fault i guess for hitting her in the rear... so there goes my insurance premiums.

so, the insurance company tells me to goto their "authorized repair shop" for an estimate... and man what an estimate $4900 NOT including potential suspension problems, which they won't know until they get it on a lift.

my question, the insurance company says i can go anywhere i want for repairs.... but can an indy body shop repair the A8s??? this place is called Pie's AutoBody in baltimore. they say they have "experience with audis", but what about the aluminum body, is that for the everyday bodyshop?? what if i need suspension work, can they do the wheel alignment and control arms/etc on the A8s???...... or should i take the car to the dealers body shop.

..... ooooo... by the way.... the chick is now saying she is "injured" after stating "i bearly felt a nudge"... so here goes my insurance premiums!!!! them scumbag!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

you should just pulverized her *** and the premium would go up the same.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: fender bender last week!!!!! damm damm damm

Go to Carstar/Collision Craft in Baltimore on Monument Street. They do really good work. They did a beautiful job on my 98 A8 after I was rear ended. They also did nice work on my Z3. Ask for Jeff.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: you should just pulverized her *** and the premium would go up the same.

True you would probably have less damage on your car unless she was driving a hummer. Unfortunately this is how most of the people are. They have a neck pain when they get rear ended, especially if they are short on cash. Shame!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry for the happenstance but cool to see 2 more locals.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: you should just pulverized her *** and the premium would go up the same.

Yeah yeah...and then shoot her for good measure...that'll teach her for being prepared to make a panic stop even while talking on the cell phone. How about, you shouldn't have hit her?

Roughyear,

sorry you got into a fenderbender, sucks that it was your fault, but expect that this case even if it comes to that will likely be dismissed as a soft tissue bs injury...are you in a No-fault state?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default these are the No-Fault states (only 12 + DC)

i live in maryland:

The following are No-Fault states:

DC, FL, HI, KS, KY, Mass, MI, MN, NJ, NY, ND, PA, UT.

In an accident, under no fault laws, your auto insurance company will pay for your damages (up to your policy limits), regardless of who was at fault for the accident. Any other drivers involved will be covered by their auto insurance policies.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rats!

The other thing No-Fault does is keep BS soft-tissue injury or imagined injury cases out of the court system by applying a "serious injury" threshold. If your injury does not meet the statutory definition of a "serious injury" a broken bone for example or the inability to perform your usual and customary activities for 90 of the 180 days immediately after the accident, then your only recourse is to recover for your actual out of pocket and medical treatment costs from your own insurance.

I hope it goes away.

Good luck!

Brian C.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default her insurance company is full of #$*W$^^#%&^$%#

spoke with her insurance company.. bastards couldn't care less that she is an idiot driver, on the cell phone and stopped short.

they say... since i bumpped into her (no matter how lightly) that i'm responsible for the incident... what bull$hit!!!

all these bogus personal injury lawsuits do is drive up the cost of EVERYONE'S libablity insurance rates!!! don't these asses know that???!!