A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a decent Extended Warranty Company

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't find on HondaWarranty's website any link for non-Honda, pre-2004 vehicles.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Warranty Direct

Well, you are all right. It was too shaddy. So, I went and purchased with Warranty Direct for 6yrs 100,000 for $1710.00 bumper to bumper with 1 deductible. I have read their contract twice and seems like it covers everything.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It seems that they have Emissions Coverage as a separate plan??

Which is the name of the policy you got?

COVERAGES
LuxuryCare+
SecureCare+
MajorCare
PowerWrap+
XtraCare+
Emissions Coverage
Old 05-03-2006, 07:07 AM

Default Re: It seems that they have Emissions Coverage as a separate plan??

There is another called "Power Shield" coverage.
What's Covered

PowerShield provides coverage for the following parts. Click here to review the PowerShield contract.

Engine -
(a) The following lubricated internal parts: pistons, pins & rings, connecting rods & bearings; crankshaft & main bearings; camshaft, followers & cam bearings; push rods, valves, springs, replaceable guides, seats & lifters; rocker arms, shafts & bushings; timing gear, chain, tensioners & retainers; eccentric shaft; oil pump.
(b) Timing belt; serpentine belt; Water pump: Impeller shaft, bearings, bushings & housing; intake & exhaust manifolds; engine mounts & cushions; engine torque strut; harmonic balancer; flywheel (flexplate) & flywheel ring gear; mechanical fuel pump; dipstick & tube; all pulleys.
(c) All lubricated internal parts of the vehicle manufacturer installed turbocharger or supercharger.
(d) Engine head(s); engine block; cylinder barrels; timing cover; valve cover(s); oil pan; dipstick & tube.

Transmission -
(a) All lubricated internal parts contained within the case(s).
(b) Computer modules & solenoids; filler tube & dipstick; vacuum modulator; internal linkage.
(c) Transmission case, transfer case & torque converter case.

Drive Axle -
(a) All lubricated internal parts contained within the housing(s).
(b) Axle shafts; constant velocity joints (CV); universal joints; drive shafts; locking hubs; locking rings; supports, retainer & bearings.
(c) Differential housing, transaxle housing & final drive housing.

Roadside Assistance Membership -
PowerShield includes FREE membership in a nationwide, 24 hour a day, roadside assistance plan. This protection is available for the full term of your warranty agreement and is not tied to covered repairs only. Need a tow? Flat tire changed? Lock your keys in the car? When you need help, just call the toll free number and sign the clipboard when they arrive. The service is on us!

24 Hour Roadside Assistance

$50 Towing Services
Sign-and-Drive Privileges

Flat Tire Service
Mechanical First Aid

Gasoline Delivery
Battery Jump Start

Emergency Lockout Service
Fluid Delivery

Toll Free 800 Number to Call
Nationwide Protection

Rental Car Coverage -
Should a failure cause your vehicle to have to remain in the shop, we will reimburse you for car rental expenses of up to $35 per day.

Travel Interruption Protection -
Should your vehicle become disabled more than 100 miles away from home and the repair is covered under your contract, Warranty Direct will reimburse you up to $50 per day for up to 3 days per occurrence for lodging and meals.

Nationwide Protection / Choice of Repair Facilities -
PowerShield offers true freedom of choice. Repairs can be made at the licensed repair facility of your choice anywhere in the US or Canada. You may use your dealer or local mechanic. Best of all, there is no need to lay out money and wait to be reimbursed. We pay the repair facility directly over the phone via credit card. It's that simple.

If you prefer a national chain, we have agreements in place with Firestone, All Tune & Lube, Pep Boys, AAMCO, Cottman Transmissions and Lee Myles to name a few.

I was impressed with the ease of use of your extended warranty program. With other programs I have had, there have been forms to fill out, and many complicated procedures to follow, not to mention limited locations to use. I was relieved to know that I only had to call one number, and everything was taken care of. I took my van to the dealer, and did not have to deal with reimbursements. To me, that was huge. Thank you for making it so easy to use your warranty! (A. Isabelli, OR)
Choice of Deductibles -
PowerShield offers a choice of deductibles to meet your needs. Choose from a low $50 deductible or choose a zero deductible and never reach into your pocket for a covered repair. The deductible is applied on a per repair visit basis; in other words, no matter how many items need to be repaired, you will only pay one deductible per repair visit.

Transferable -
For a modest $50 fee you can transfer your PowerShield coverage to another private purchaser of your vehicle. Vehicles with extended warranties offer much higher resale values because the buyer knows they are not going to get hit with huge repair costs and that prior problems were fixed.

Your Responsibilities -
a) Change the engine oil and filter within sixty (60) days of the warranty start date.

b) Have the engine oil and filter changed by a commercial service facility every four (4) months or four thousand miles thereafter, whichever comes first.

c) Maintain your vehicle according to the manufacturer's recommendations as outlined in the owner's manual

d) Retain verifiable receipts for all parts and materials necessary to perform the required maintenance. Hand written receipts will not be accepted.

First time I have used your service. Have warranties from you on both of my cars, my daughter's car, and have recommended your company to 2 friends. Great service. My service advisor said you all were great to work with. No hassles. Very happy with you!!!! (I. Natkin, TX)
Coverage Limits -
You are eligible to make your first claim ninety (90) days and 1,000 miles after the start date. The maximum limit of liability per loss shall be equal to the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle at the time of repair. The maximum limit of liability per covered vehicle is $6000. The limit of liability per covered component is as follows: $3,300 in engine claims; $2,200 in transmission claims; $1,500 in differential claims; and $300 in emergency roadside assistance claims.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default AUL ( think)

they covered a radiator and fixing the headrests so far. (the one i bought covers EVERYTHING, electronics, trans, engine, the only think that it doesnt not cover is plastic/rubber and the leather and wear and tear. Seals are covered even though they are rubber, (covered under seals and gaskets)

Let me know I can get some more info
Old 05-03-2006, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts
Default In CO at 90K they seem to only offer Powertrain coverage...

Still valuable. You do have to get oil changes done by a service facility ever 4/40K. I prefer to do it myself though.

This is also a factor:

Coverage Limits -
You are eligible to make your first claim ninety (90) days and 1,000 miles after the start date. The maximum limit of liability per loss shall be equal to the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle at the time of repair. The maximum limit of liability per covered vehicle is $6000. The limit of liability per covered component is as follows: $3,300 in engine claims; $2,200 in transmission claims; $1,500 in differential claims; and $300 in emergency roadside assistance claims.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:26 AM

Default AAAutomobile warranty

I checked with them and they are only suggesting Great Lakes Warranty Corp with Silver warranty.
I had Great Lakes with my 95 Range Rover and not a good experience. First, they only reimbursed $65.00/hr mechanics time in Mitchell Labor Law, and also, not on the spot reimbursement but had to pay and send in invoice to get whatever charge was - labor differences. Also, tried to transfer the warranty and they WILL NOT transfer and WILL NOT refund the pro-rated funds when cancelling the warranty.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default All of them have this:"maximum limit of liability per loss ...

..shall be equal to the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle at the time of repair. "

Yet, then they specify something else: "The maximum limit of liability per covered vehicle is $6000."

So I guess $1.7k now versus a small prob. for a delayed $6k over 3yrs is not a bad deal for them..
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What about Power Steering system and other pumps? General "component motor" failures?