A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frustration!!!! (was question for those with sport/memory seats)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frustration!!!! (was question for those with sport/memory seats)

thanks for the help so far, but i still can't find a home for the 2 pin connector under the drivers seat in my car (recaro sports seats with memory & heating). see picture attached - the pin is on the left of the shot sitting on the bar.

in replies to my previous post people suggested a brown connector in line with the wires coming out of the floor. you can see this connector in the background. both sides are fully populated. after looking carefully with a mechanics mirror i cannot see any free connector anywhere.

the connector has black & brown wires into it, is a black 2-pin unit, and carries 12v switched. it comes from the floor wiring loom.

all seat functions work correctly, including heating.

anyone got any ideas - i don't want to have to remove the seat!<ul><li><a href="http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/53706/44q80022.jpg">the offending connector</a></li></ul>
Old 05-27-2004, 01:58 AM

Default Re: frustration!!!! (was question for those with sport/memory seats)

If it ain't broke..............

How many times have I wished I had not touched something when it was still working!!!

Just a tweak here, there, push that in, tighten this up a tad more........and BANG broken it now! D'Oh!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Maybe the connector is for the A8 seats only? S8 may not need it?
Old 05-27-2004, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default I'll check my seat, but I think there are some connectors not attached

I've always thought it was weird, but it probably isn't meant to be connected to anything.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You're right to be cautious. This is prob the connector for Ejection Seat option... :-)
Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 AM

Default Maybe your seats are different to mine?

My S8 which has the connector plugged in is middle east spec and hence I guess that there might be some differences with yours. I haven't got around to taking any pictures of my S8 yet but apart from it being left hand drive the seats look identical to those in this link. If we are talking about the same light brown connector then the connetor that I have the black and brown two pin plugged into is actually just forward of the light brown connector. It would be very hard to spot as it is slightly higher up than the brown connector. I tend to agree with others though that if it isn't broken don't fix it!

Ron<ul><li><a href="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=a8s8forum&amp;Number=4 3227&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o= &amp;fpart=1">http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=a8s8forum&amp;Num
Old 05-27-2004, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default further detective work

looking at the wiring diagrams, the underseat electronics are used for the seat (heating &amp; motors), and also link to the door memory switches, belt height adjustment, the steering wheel memory &amp; door mirror memory - all of which my car has. this explains the &gt;28 wires coming from the floor loom - including the offending 2.

most (all?) of the external wires terminate in a brown 10-pin connector.

working from the other direction - what options are possible that my s8 doesn't have? i don't have the seat belt warning light (thankfully!), but have traced that wiring, and it is in place (2x green). one possibility that occurs is the mirror fold-away function, but the relays are in the footwell, and i can't see wiring tracks to the seat memory controller....
Old 05-28-2004, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default some possibilities

monitor for the headrest
rear tray option
Old 05-28-2004, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would rule out the monitor option

Simply because you would need at least 4 wires.. power ground and video +/-.

What is this rear tray you speak of?
Old 05-28-2004, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

there is an option for a folding tray on the rear of the seat...

Quick Reply: frustration!!!! (was question for those with sport/memory seats)