A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GB: Tip Mod from SPP

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GB: Tip Mod from SPP

This post is for a GB on the Tip Mod. It works for any Tiptronic Audi or VW. These details were worked out with Eric@SPP.

The GB price is $49 for 20 or more.

You have a choice of the shift **** you want, but it will cost extra. Check out www.momo.it and if you want one of those on the website, it will be 25% off the retail price of the ****.

This GB will be ongoing until we get 20 folks.

Email me if you are seriously interested.

Sincerely,
Eugene
eugenetkim@yahoo.com
Old 10-18-2002, 05:04 PM

btw, GB price includes shipping
Old 10-18-2002, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I still don't understand what it's for? Can you explain?
Old 10-18-2002, 06:32 PM

Default sure....

the tip mod is such that you lift up instead of pushing the button in to disengage gears. by mounting the tip mod, you can use almost any shift **** on top. the momo shift ***** look the best.

the main reason folks get this mod is to make the shift **** look "cooler," "tight," or whatever. by doing this mod, you can customize the look of your gear changer.

if you decide to get a momo shift ****, it will be 25% off the retail price of the ****.

eugene
Old 10-18-2002, 07:43 PM

is there any pictures of this?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:17 PM

Default pics at www.supremepowerparts.com

it shows the Tip mod with a momo shift ****. you will note that the GB price is listed as 69. The GB price i have posted (49) is what Eric at SPP confirmed in an email to me and it includes shipping.

also, i believe there is a link to how to install it.

avalonmotorsports.com also has a pic. i looked on their website and saw it under interior mods for the S4.

pics of more shift ***** can be found at www.momo.it

be sure to email me if you want in. if you have anymore questions, please email me.

btw, we stand at 5 strong for the GB already.

thanks,
eugene
Old 10-18-2002, 08:40 PM

Default Re: pics at www.supremepowerparts.com

I'm in! The hospital that is, I think I'm going to have a black eye after figuring out how to take the shifter **** off! If we order it, do we order the shifter **** at same time. Let me know when we are a GO!
Old 10-19-2002, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I like it, will it work on a non tip tranny? That's what I have, a 97 without tip....
Old 10-21-2002, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default I'm still a bit confused.........

When in "normal" TIP location the shift lever is pusher over to the right......to change "gears" you push the shifter forward or pull the shifter backward, correct?

So what does this PULL-UP mean? Maybe I missed something in your post and need to re-read again? Can you link me to MOMO for what everyone is looking at as the shifter for the A/S8 to look the best?
Old 10-21-2002, 07:59 PM

Default Re: I'm still a bit confused.........

Heres how it works: Put your car in 3rd gear(car off of course) and pull down the metal piece right under your shifter ****. This might take a few twist to get it to go down (not far, about 1/4in.) Once this is down pull shifting button out and pull up on **** (CAREFULL, I almost ended up in the hospital pulling this off for the first time with a concusion! J/K) The tip mod screws into any new shifter **** and the shifter **** slides back over mechanism and will click into place. Once installed instead of pushing button in on the side to shift you will pull up on the actual new shifter **** and it will raise up to allow unlocking of gear. This is a nice way to customize the way the interior looks by picking any new shifter you want. I am including a web site for your viewing. once your in select:
accessories from far right of page. Next page select shifter *****. Page after when prompted Manufacturer= MOMO, then shifter ***** ,universal. Check out the Cobra shifter **** in aluminum/briar wood, this matches the wood and the shifter panel. GOOD LUCK!<ul><li><a href="http://www.autocarparts.com">http://www.autocarparts.com</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: GB: Tip Mod from SPP