A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Drive last weekend for anniversary weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Drive last weekend for anniversary weekend.

Took the S8 on the first road trip from Baltimore to Farmington PA to the nemacolin Woodlands resort. Drove out rte 70 to 68 through a downpour in the mountains. The car was fantastic! I was passing everyone on the road (in the left lane)and the car was so stable, comfortable, powerful and fun! It made me forget all the frustrations with the maintance issues I have had recently. Great car, drove back on Sunday in beautiful weather, almost wish it was raining again. Fanatastic trip and looking forward to our drive to New Hampshire at the end of June. This is the perfect car for fast pace road trips.

Steve
Old 05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Great Drive last weekend for anniversary weekend.

You reminded me my trip to Niagara falls last summer... pouring rain, and decided to take another exit because I though my NAV was wrong.... don't ask why... i ended up driving in the narrowest streets up in Pensylvania mountains which many of them had a sign DETOUR on them ... and luckily the wife had fallen asleep, no more nagging about my speed, won't forget that drive. Shifter was in Triptonic and enjoyed every second out of that drive.... I was actually thinking of doing it again. This car drives like a train on its tracks. S8 is a beautiful car.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Great Drive last weekend for anniversary weekend.

Yes it does. I have a trip from baltimore to New Hampshire at the end of June. Looking forward to it. My wife is a sleeper in the car too, it really helps with speed factor!!