A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I will never go to an audi dealer again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will never go to an audi dealer again.

After 4 weeks without my car I get it back in almost the same condition that I gave it to them. On top of that they handed me a 250 dollar bill for diagnostic work that they performed. Too bad they could not diagnose their way out of a paper bag.

Here is my question After I got my car back with a new ECM everything is working great...... Except for the Freaking Cruise Control. Is this a coincidence?? Do I finally have an issue with the F125 thing-a-ma-jiggy? Or did those monkeys just screw up something?? I checked the fuse, I assume there is only one for the CC. Nadda. Worked fine before I brought it in. The pass. mirror still dips, and the reverse lights work best as i know. So whats the deal do i have to clean the connection?

This is the only car I have ever used the CC on, I have too it is way too easy to speed on the highway. Now in the middle of my long distance road trip, it stops working, CLASSIC . just Classic.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default CC failure not associated with F125 switch. Likely a disconnected vacuum...

hose in the engine compartment, possibly due to the monkey lads mucking about in there. Look at and trace all the 1/4" vacuum hoses on the driver's side of the engine, be sure they are all properly connected.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I love my dealer. The Head mechanic has a 400 horse B5S4.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, this was my exact problem that skiracer corrected. Look for the "T" fitting
Old 07-10-2006, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have been doing this all morning.

It is the exposed line that is HARD right?? on the drivers side of the car. Does it connect into the over flow of the coolant?

I found a T fitting under a black cover. Everything looks good. it goes to the back of the engine. The lines are hard plastic and what not right?

I found a post that says that one person had to have their ECM recoded to allow it to accept signal from inoput C. It was simply not communicating with the CC. I think this may be my problem, since those guys do not seem to thorough. I bet that they did not code the new ECM the right way.

Maybe i missed a small tear, or maybe i am not looking at the right hose. I think I am, but I cant seem to find where it hooks up to the control module under the ABS module.

Is it not the exposed hard line on the drivers side

If anyone is in Savannah or charleton with a VAG Com let me know, I ll bring you some SweetWater.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It runs right along the fender. It goes into the top of the engine into a diaphragm.

Its a rubber hose, so its not rigid.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hmmmmm even on the 00+

Cause I just took apart the place that holds the ECM, and CC module but the CC module is not there. When I called the Audi dealer they said that it is part of the ECM.

The only tube I can find looks like it is part of the cooling system.

It is not part of the other vacum system is it. I will take some pictures, or something. I need a bently SO bad. That is what i am going to buy, and a Vag Com. Cause I have a feeling these questions get annoying.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Default No, not on a 00+. It probably needs to be activated in the new ECM

Have somebody log in to the ECM using code 11463.

Doing so is part of the ECM replacement instructions in the service manual.

If this was the problem, ask the dealer to make sure that the other post-installation steps were performed including coding the ECM, performing throttle body adaptation and generating a readiness code.

Tom
Old 07-10-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Not commonly associated, but possible. F125 powers the cruise switch through 1999.

Though I'd expect a TCM code or emergency running mode if this part of F125 broke, since the same wire also goes into the TCM.

Tom