A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you want to see S8 galore.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2000, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you want to see S8 galore.....

I just got back to Toronto from my homeland of Ukraine and stopped in my Moscow appartment. After a 30 minute walk through the center of Moscow, i counted 12 (yes twelve) S8s in black with Xenons and the whole package and countless A8s. In moscow, there is no insurance and gasoline costs 0.28$ US cents a liter so people can afford nice cars. Cops don't exist, highway speeds are like german autobahns and streets in the city are 4 lanes wide and you can drive as fast as you want, even if a cop pulls you over, a 5$US bribe gets you off in a second. To make a long long story short if you want to see A8 and S8s until you can't look no more, go to germany or go to moscow, despite all the bad things people say about moscow it's a wicked city and should be visited if possible. Off topic new S600s, S55 AMG, CL55, CL600 and other benz goodies crowd the streets as well.

- Best of everything to all
Old 07-04-2000, 03:51 PM

Default Questions on Moscow. (Not A8 related.)

I have long had the urge to visit Moscow. This is a completely naive question but are there hotels that have phone lines in which you can get an Internet connection? The only thing that keeps me from visiting certain parts of the world is the possibility of losing touch with my business which simply can not happen. Also, does Moscow have a fun (and safe) night-life? Can you rent a nice car there to take advantage of the lack of Officer Bob? Thanks for your information.
Old 07-04-2000, 04:12 PM

Default Answers to question....

Um i once stayed at the Sheraton Palace on Tverskaya/Yamskaya, one of the nicest hotels anywhere. Phone, fax, internet for sure, anything you need i would imagine. There are a few others around but that one i know is good from personal experience. It's only like 20 min walk from the red square, and moscow at the moment hasn't looked better. About renting a car, possible of course but not really in your best interest since drivers in moscow = insane. Plus you can stop any car on the street and they take very little like 2 us$ from the hotel to red square. But yeah i hope i answered your questions and if you have anymore please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 07-05-2000, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Answers to question....

Thank you. So all drivers are insane yet you recommend pulling over any car on the street and getting in with them? I think I would feel safer piloting myself. I've driven in NY, NY how bad can it be?
Old 07-05-2000, 08:49 AM

Default Well.....

To say the least NY has lanes in which people try to stay. Moscow is just plain out crazy and i don't suggest cutting in front of S500/S600 since they will get out and kill you, just pull any car over and get in, in the long run it'll cost less than renting one. And also that everything is within walking distance of the hotel or the centre, so really really no point for a rented car. Anything else just ask.
Old 07-18-2000, 05:43 AM

re: Hotel rooms with phone lines / internet access - Yes.