A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for diagnostic wire for engine ecu interrigation

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for diagnostic wire for engine ecu interrigation

Just hoping someone can offer an answer.
I'm building a ferrari replica and have used the engine plus parts from a 1995 4.2 A8 (ABZ engine)
I need to get into the ecu with my vag com, but the elsawin wiring diagram has a few errors and I can't trace my diagnostic wire to connect up. The immobilizer and Autobox ecu's are done and talking so I know it's not the software, has anyone got a bently manual they could have a look at for me.
Cheers in advance
Darren
Old 05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerrous
Just hoping someone can offer an answer.
I'm building a ferrari replica and have used the engine plus parts from a 1995 4.2 A8 (ABZ engine)
I need to get into the ecu with my vag com, but the elsawin wiring diagram has a few errors and I can't trace my diagnostic wire to connect up. The immobilizer and Autobox ecu's are done and talking so I know it's not the software, has anyone got a bently manual they could have a look at for me.
Cheers in advance
Darren
I've looked before and, unfortunately, Bentley wiring diagrams include NOTHING on the OBD diagnostics port or any associated wiring...Top Secret I guess?

In fact, of all the diagrams (and there are MANY) covering the ECU (J220), there is nothing I've ever seen indicating connections with diagnostics.

If it's there, it's hidden very well...or totally omitted.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by silverd2
I've looked before and, unfortunately, Bentley wiring diagrams include NOTHING on the OBD diagnostics port or any associated wiring...Top Secret I guess?

In fact, of all the diagrams (and there are MANY) covering the ECU (J220), there is nothing I've ever seen indicating connections with diagnostics.

If it's there, it's hidden very well...or totally omitted.
I took another look and may have found something for you.

In first diagram, connection A7 on the ECU, which leads to connection T6 (brown 6 pin) in the E-box with ECU, then leads to 2nd drawing and connects to A76, labelled as the K-diagnostic wire (connects with other control modules), which comes from T16a & b connector (data link) which very well may be the 16-pin OBD port.

Could be what your lookin for (?)

Hope this helps >>>>>

Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for that, my Elsawin shows A7 is the comm between immobilizer and engine ecu, when connected and the correct sequence of events are observed the ECU acknowledges the immobilizer 'OK' command (fuel pump stays on while engaging start).
BUT reading from the wiring schematics A7 through to the immobilizer diagnostics connection is one continuous line, ie. from J220->A7->immobilizer->OBDI data connection. The elsawin stacks up the immobilizer and ecu as one wire from the immobilizer.
I have been running my vag-com from an old computer (workshop computer) which is dying, I've just purchased a new desktop and I'll be transfering files etc today, hopefully I'll have some news today.
ps theres a 0.35 dark green wire from the ECU which seems spare. I'll double check this when I've got Elsawin and vag com up and running again
regards
Darren