A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help ..looking at purchasing my first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2000, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little infos on S8?

The new S8 (from 99.5 I guess) has 360hp could be order with tip or manual 6 speed. 18" Avus inches rims.
For Charles : Where in Italy did you get you S8
upgraded?
Old 03-23-2000, 04:55 AM

Default Re: A8 3,7 -> S8? Haha!

Now if you can help me with MY REAL S8 purchase, fine. Otherwise, why not just go and leave the rest of us alone?

I'll let you explain how an A8 became an imported S8 or did you say last week that you modified an A8 in Italy to S8 standards?

Here's SOME of your past statements to help you get through this phase without tripping up any more than you have already.

1-08-98
Hi there:
I had my 98 A8 Quattro for two weeks now and I love it! Any other A8 owner ou there?
Charles
1-11-98
Marius:
It's pretty easy: buy a power chip from Italian or german suppliers.... The limiter will be disabled for about $250 and you'll get a bit more power also. The speed was RADAR checked from a friend Trooper.
The A4 and A6 have a great potential..... unleash it! (I love beating my BMW 850!!!! nad doing it with 4WD is really cool)

Charles

11-11-98
Suggestion number one: check the price again!

We are talking about the S8 not the A8 base model....
Number two: my S8 has the 4.2 engine and 375HP, it was imported
specifically from Europe since they don't sell it in USA (EPA BS).

It costed about $150K.... bu it flies even in the rain!

Charles
Old 03-23-2000, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Little infos on S8?

Simoni (Turin Italy). It was already done up, I just bought it off the floor.

Charles
Old 03-23-2000, 05:41 AM

We have yet to see something of your Corvette... Why do you bother the Audi people now? You are wasting time and space!

You are just a low life looking to start arguments. At least show some product knowledge.

The major changes between an A8 and an S8 are:

Front part of the drivetrain
Suspensions (not the linkages but springs, sway bars and shocks/struts)
Seats
Brakes (I didn't verify that)
Wheels
Mirrors

Charles
Old 03-23-2000, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Email me for an address of someone who really converted their A8 to an S8

He is in the pacific northwest...he also has a TT (for his wife) and a fully restored S2 Rally car (used for tarmac racing now).

My friend is legit. He might have some insight into ways to get a real one...or
to convert an A8 to one.

Steve S.
00 S4
Old 03-23-2000, 11:45 AM

No, Australians even are right-drivers
Old 03-23-2000, 08:09 PM

You know... Certain cars are what they are because of their conservative lines. I am a very conservative person. Just like all the Mercedes owners that hate the new S series, I don't find the new 5 series interesting.
It's a matter of taste. The A8 is very safe, technologically advanced car. I appreciate it for what it is. The 7er is what I like better. Just accept that. I can care less about the roundier body, the solar moonroof, the alluminum chassis and everything that makes the A8 the technological marvel on paper. I care about how the car rides... And the 7er consistently beats the A8 in handling, braking and with the Dinan stuff in mine, IN PERFORMANCE.

It's not about "the best car"... You will never be able to compare these cars because they are designed for a different clientele.

I am glad you love your A8 while I love my 750iL. The silky progression of the V12, the race-car like feedback and the roomier interior are just unique.

Regards,
Charles
Old 03-24-2000, 03:39 AM

First off, you don't have any Dinan stuff in your car, that is just another one of your famous modification lies you have been telling for years.

Secondly if we are comparing with mods then your car does not approach mine in braking with the Porsche braking system installed, not even close.

Thirdly, you are welcome to enjoy any car you want and insult any car you want, I don't give a **** what you think. Just do it in the appropriate forums. A guy can post here until he is blue in the face about how much better the Audi is than the BMW and you can't say **** about it because this is an Audi forum and you are here voluntarily, nobody is forcing you to read Audi information, you came here on your own. You want to praise the BMW? While you are here you can stick it up your ***, you want to go to an appropriate forum then more power to you. You have always had an incredibly hard time understanding people's points Charles, I have noticed that about you. Definitely a skill you need to work on, listening to people and not just waiting for your turn to talk.

I'm glad I love my A8 too, I don't give a rat's *** how you feel about your BMW unless you want to talk about them on a BMW forum. As I have stated before, if people here believed the BMW was better we would be driving them and talking about them on a BMW forum, anybody here can afford one but we all wanted the Audi. Any further discusion of the BMW is pointless. We are now here to talk about our ownership of the Audi. Either participate in that vein or go to a forum that discusses things you are interested in. The Audi A8 is a better car than the 7 series.
Old 03-24-2000, 03:42 AM

Default Also.

Since you are comparing mods your 7 series must be a real *****-cat as compared to your 475hp S8 as you have it listed in the registry here, right? Your 475hp S8 must just eat your BMW for lunch, and with the handling mods you have done to the S8 it must also munch it on the race track. I know what a 7 series can do, even the nose heavy, luxury and not sport oriented, 12 cylinder model and it would seem as if your French modified S8 is superior in every respect.
Old 03-24-2000, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Did he import it?

Aussie S8's are RHD. I'ts tough to buy LHD cars in Australia, Get the VIN #, that's the only way to know if this "S8" is authentic.

Quick Reply: Need help ..looking at purchasing my first Audi