A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member here... Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member here... Hello everyone!

Hi all... My name is Mark and I'm new to the site.

I'm about to be handed over my dad's 01 a8L - as he is about to retire, and does not want the additional expense of a second car.

I'm very excited about this as I always loved the car, and did my best to maintain it for him over the years, through my mechanic.

Car is black with yellow leather interior - brown carpeting and dash - and is absolutely MINT. (will post pics soon)

One issue it has - which I really badly want to remedy - is a small cig burn hole on the headliner (my fault - missed the sun roof) right next to the sun roof switch. Not sure how to make it go away as I don't know of any good interior repair shops in central jersey.

So if anyone has a suggestion about a good shop in jersey OR a decent repair kit I could purchase, please do not hesitate to suggest!

Regards, M
Old 07-04-2010, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can understand silverd2's frustration with your action. I realise when you invited suggestions that wasnt quite what you had in mind.
I hope you have taken the time to read up on the law regarding throwing lit cigfarettes from cars. Apart from the dangers it is pretty antisocial. I guess we all test our freedom in different ways!
Moving on, welcome to the forum I look foward to your contributions and pics are always candy to forum users.
I hope someone will contribute with a constructive suggestion but either way please keep it clean. As other moderators will readily point out the policy is to keep the forum family friendly and usable.
Terms of use can be found via links at the top.... and that also applies to anyone taking the time to reply!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

If you plan to continue to smoke inside the car, don't fix anything, it will happen again... That's a very nice car, congrats!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats

Congrats on the new ride, these car are as rare as rocking hors Shi1t especially in your neck of the woods - here in Boulder, CO they are very common. Of course you realize that you're going to have to get another job to finance her as they are not known for their reliability. Make sure you have a good mechanic! Seriously, I both love and hate my 1999, she's the best thing I've even driven, excellent in the snow but I dread every time I have to take her in to the shop. Perhaps you have a mechanic friend who can help you out but even simple things like the fuel pump are crazy expensive compared to most cars.

Cheers
Richard