A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NL: Passenger mirror dips too much in R

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default NL: Passenger mirror dips too much in R

Hi everyone,

so, I have never used this function of letting the passenger side mirror dip in R. But now I like to start using this option. However when in put the car in R, it dips too much so basically I only see the ground straight under the door handle. I would like it to go down far enough to see the rear wheel not the ground right below the mirror. How can you set the dipping angle in R? It keeps dipping too far, I can’t adjust it.

I have read all treads about this function, however no solution yet. Has someone an idea how to?
Old 06-07-2022, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tommygogh
Hi everyone,

so, I have never used this function of letting the passenger side mirror dip in R. But now I like to start using this option. However when in put the car in R, it dips too much so basically I only see the ground straight under the door handle. I would like it to go down far enough to see the rear wheel not the ground right below the mirror. How can you set the dipping angle in R? It keeps dipping too far, I can’t adjust it.

I have read all treads about this function, however no solution yet. Has someone an idea how to?
I LOVE this feature, but it's a bit outdated. From what I read in my owner's manual, it's actually designed for you to ONLY see the curb the most CLOSE to the passenger side front wheel. edit: I reckon it's so that you don't scratch a wheel.

Last edited by The Peaceful One; 06-07-2022 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Peaceful One
I LOVE this feature, but it's a bit outdated. From what I read in my owner's manual, it's actually designed for you to ONLY see the curb the most CLOSE to the passenger side front wheel. edit: I reckon it's so that you don't scratch a wheel.
Then I’d rather not use the function as you could not see te right rear side of the car anymore, which is more costly when damaged compared to rims
Old 06-12-2022, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tommygogh
Then I’d rather not use the function as you could not see te right rear side of the car anymore, which is more costly when damaged compared to rims
I can understand you there. I stopped using it because it was just one more thing that could break, but it did help me a few times, especially in tandem with the sensors in the bumpers. Mostly kept me from running over stuff in my junky garage.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 87 Likes on 77 Posts

Maybe a stick-on convex blind spot mirror would help
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-13-2022, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfrahm
Maybe a stick-on convex blind spot mirror would help
https://www.amazon.com/Ampper-Blind-.../dp/B01CV4ANCC
U Da Man! I see those things in all of the auto parts stores locally. I used them on GOV's back in me military days, which means I have no desire to use them on any of my POV's. LOL