A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No. Va Meet ... Sort of

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No. Va Meet ... Sort of

Just rejoined Audi Club of America and found out that there will be an Audi event taking place on Sat., Oct 27 at a place called Wagonworks in Alexandria. I've copied and pasted the text of an e-mail I received on it, as they say it best:

--------------------

"Dear ACNA PCC Member:

We are pleased to announce our first event at Wagonwork Collision Center, a well-known full-service, independent collision repair center specializing in import vehicle bodywork. Wagonwork, one of the few Audi A8 Select Repair centers in the country, is opening their Alexandria, VA collision center on Saturday, October 27, to PCC members and their guests for a day on body work repair, unibody repair, paint, and more!! The day will be full of helpful overview, demonstrations, Q&A, and even some door prize giveaways. This is a great opportunity to learn more about taking care of your Audi and getting it repaired if you ever unfortunately find yourself in an accident.

The team at Wagonworks will also be offering donuts and coffee for the early risers and lunch and refreshments too!! Audi Club members and their guests are welcome.

Please go to the PCC website calendar ... for more information on the day and how to RSVP.

--------------

I put my car in the shop Tuesday for repairs and will not have it back until next Tues. (rocker panel is fixed; waiting for replacement front wheel), but I will be there. Until I got this e-mail, I didn't know they were an ASF repair facility, so those of you with A/S8s that can probably should give it a look-see.<ul><li><a href="http://potomac.audiclubna.org/">Just Click Already</a></li></ul>
Old 10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's on the 27th of October Olu. Certainly your car will be ready by then...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Does this mean no significant damage to your D2 resulting from your incident?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Does this mean no significant damage to your D2 resulting from your incident?

It would seem so. Have to admit, though, that this shop hasn't been too good at communicating. I called them more than 24 hours later to see how things were going, and was just told that the rocker panel was repaired but that they were having trouble getting some of the interior trim pieces (I am guessing those that run along the underside of the doors or door jams?). Car was supposed to be done this Friday, but I got a call this morning saying the wheel was hard to find. I've used this shop before and they've always done good work, so we'll see how she turns out.

On a separate note, even though this is not an ASF repair facility, I found it interesting that they had three D3 A8s on the premises.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Certainly your car will be ready by then...

Yep. In fact, if I tell them to throw the full-sized spare on and call me when the wheel comes in, I guess it's ready now, but I'd rather they finish it all up. I'll do my best to 'rough it' with the rental Dodge Avenger through the weekend. I wonder how much Avengers go for? I hope closer to 10K than 20. I would hate to have spent 20K on something like that as opposed to the S8; It is (well, in my case, continues to be) an example of why I don't buy new. It's not operating in the same solar system as the S!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:00 PM

Really now, does anything operate in the same galaxy as the "S"? I think not....
Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
bA8
AudiWorld Member

Wagonworks is an awesome body shop. Qualified to work on D2s