A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with the TFT Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your support ! I have checked the harness from outside there is a trace of oil can i change just the connector (Is there any seal ?) because i cannot change the whole harness which is as you know attached to the TCM .
Old 02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KEVOZS8
Thank you for your support ! I have checked the harness from outside there is a trace of oil can i change just the connector (Is there any seal ?) because i cannot change the whole harness which is as you know attached to the TCM .
ETKA drawing shows 2 round seals...Part # 01V 927 322 A.
...possibly 1 seal inside the trans and the other on the outside.

Might try blasting both sides of the connection with electrical contact cleaner spray (or equivalent), work the plug in & out to assure good contact, clear code and give it a try.
IF you're lucky, that may do it...otherwise I'd plan on replacing the harness.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by silverd2
ETKA drawing shows 2 round seals...Part # 01V 927 322 A.
...possibly 1 seal inside the trans and the other on the outside.

Might try blasting both sides of the connection with electrical contact cleaner spray (or equivalent), work the plug in & out to assure good contact, clear code and give it a try.
IF you're lucky, that may do it...otherwise I'd plan on replacing the harness.
I will Try to clean it as you mentioned but i am 90 % that it will not work with my GOOOOOD Luck .
The harness that you meant is not the one that goes to the TCM am i right? you meant the one that is inside the trans. which has the TOT sensor .
Old 02-23-2012, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I will Try to clean it as you mentioned but i am 90 % that it will not work with my GOOOOOD Luck .
The harness that you meant is not the one that goes to the TCM am i right? you meant the one that is inside the trans. which has the TOT sensor

P.S. ; I am having also this code on the engine P1505 Closed Throttle Pos. Does Not Close/Open Circ . Are they related ? .
P.S. ; I am having also this code on the engine P1505 Closed Throttle Pos. Does Not Close/Open Circ . Are they related ?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The harness that you meant is not the one that goes to the TCM am i right? you meant the one that is inside the trans. which has the TOT sensor .
Yes, the internal harness with temp sensor.

The P1505 shouldn't be related, to my knowledge.
Make sure throttle cable is not binding/sluggish...allowing throttle to close completely when let off.
I'd also want to look at the throttle body with tube off for cleanliness (butterfly) and free operation, before assuming an electrical failure with idling switch (F60)...not to mention a good electrical connection.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Banned

Here is the diagram from an A8Q, the harness is #25 and those 2 o rings mentioned earlier are #26. For some reason I see a different harness part number for a non quattro than a quattro.

Name:  022412A8TRANS.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  64.5 KB
Old 02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to drop the pan to pull the harness into the trans.

Your TPS is too far advanced.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
Here is the diagram from an A8Q, the harness is #25 and those 2 o rings mentioned earlier are #26. For some reason I see a different harness part number for a non quattro than a quattro.

I have Clean the connector and replace it back .i have plug the scanner and test it and noticed when i drive it hard No Fault is detected when i drove it not more then 20 or 30 miles on 2nd or third gear the same code appears and one more thing i realized that it is locking up on 3rd gear and when i accelerate the car is not responding like it should do and the code appears when i am doing around 35 miles is that normal ?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tozoM8
You need to drop the pan to pull the harness into the trans.

Your TPS is too far advanced.
Do i need to replace it the whole throttle body or i can fix the TPS alone or replace it alone ?

thank you
Old 03-02-2012, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Please i need the TPS ETKA part number Alone for my Audi S8 1998 model which comes connected to the Throttle body .

Quick Reply: problem with the TFT Sensor